AI Hydra 26 no longer responding to programmed schedule within myAI.

sradosevich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start first by telling you that these things only happen on vacation... So i checked in with my roommate who is taking care of my system while I'm on vacation only to find that the lighting never came on today (noticing that the pH never took its regular upturn that coincides with the DT lighting). I have an AI Hydra 26 that typically runs the David Saxby profile downloaded within the myAI app on my phone. For some reason the light only responded to the ALL ON command within the app. I attempted to reload the lighting profile. No luck. I power cycled the light using my Apex... again no luck. So I broke down in my panic and took control of the light with my Apex and was able to get the lighting profile from the downloadable library within the Apex interface. For now, disaster averted, as I am able to fully control my light again, just no moon cycle until I get home and configure the appropriate settings locally. My question is this... Has anyone else seen this behavior? or MISbehavior rather? I don't have the funds to just replace the light right now and if the Apex can do a comparable job I guess I'm okay with it. Should I be worried that the light is going to fail soon? Thanks in advance for any insight here!

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with my 2 prime 16 hd lights. Couldnt fix it without connecting to the lights themselves from the app on my phone with BT and location turned on. Mine didn't just not work though, but the lighting schedule was messed up. Im not sure with having them in conjunction with an apex though.

OP
OP
sradosevich

sradosevich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with my 2 prime 16 hd lights. Couldnt fix it without connecting to the lights themselves from the app on my phone with BT and location turned on. Mine didn't just not work though, but the lighting schedule was messed up. Im not sure with having them in conjunction with an apex though.
Thanks for the reply! I know I might be reaching for straws but was looking for any similar experiences with the AI product line. My workaround was successful today as it's the first whole day being controlled by the Apex. I'm just hoping these lights will get me through until I can afford to upgrade!

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally understandable. Honestly AI is one of the better quality budget LED lights you can buy, you dont hear many problems about them at all. Their customer support is great too. You could probably give them a call if your still going to be gone for awhile and their techs will help walk you through some troubleshooting. I'm going to be majorly upgrading next year to a larger tank and going to go with different lighting though then too. You should check out the ATI straton lights. Thats what I'm going to be going with, definitely expensive but well worth it. They even have a built-in web server for wireless control from anywhere. It would definitely help in situations like this.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back