AI Hydra 26HD -- Aftermarket pucks

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I have an AI Hydra 26 and for whatever reason the Royal Blue channel is not working, probably a little salt creep, which I cleaned off the board, so its a short somewhere.

So I have a couple options -- Fix it or sell it for parts. If I would fix it, I heard that there are after market pucks. Is that a thing?

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we're working on an aftermarket LED cluster upgrade solution for the Hydras and Primes that expands on their spectrum and overall light output. Finished 2 years of international beta testing collecting feedback from people in 8 countries. Manufacturing is underway and we're getting our clusters ready for release. The cool thing is all of this happens locally, so end-end, our product is designed and assembled in California. Hope to share more details on the spectral and 3D light-field performance characteristics soon.

It's a little challenging to compile all the data considering the sheer volume of it. In the foreground is what's considered the standard for the industry, (BRS 36 point). In the background is a subset of the PAR data we collected. With every scan, we collect 183% more PAR measurements. This tells the complete story of a light's performance but often tests the limits of what traditional spreadsheet software can handle. Just opening one dataset hogs 7GB of RAM!

Spreadsheet.png
RAM.png

Our upcoming product aside, you should check for any forms of corrosion on the connector and driver board. Perhaps a few pictures would help?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biologic

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we're working on an aftermarket LED cluster upgrade solution for the Hydras and Primes that expands on their spectrum and overall light output. Finished 2 years of international beta testing collecting feedback from people in 8 countries. Manufacturing is underway and we're getting our clusters ready for release. The cool thing is all of this happens locally, so end-end, our product is designed and assembled in California. Hope to share more details on the spectral and 3D light-field performance characteristics soon.

It's a little challenging to compile all the data considering the sheer volume of it. In the foreground is what's considered the standard for the industry, (BRS 36 point). In the background is a subset of the PAR data we collected. With every scan, we collect 183% more PAR measurements. This tells the complete story of a light's performance but often tests the limits of what traditional spreadsheet software can handle. Just opening one dataset hogs 7GB of RAM!

Spreadsheet.png
RAM.png

Our upcoming product aside, you should check for any forms of corrosion on the connector and driver board. Perhaps a few pictures would help?

I am excited! It’s a great little light that I acquired through a used tank sale. There was a good bit of salt creep on the typical areas (fan board, and around its connector) which I will take pics of again. I cleaned it up fairly well with 95% alcohol and q tips but some of the confor coating was removed from oxidation. I follow the YouTube channel FixReef which was really helpful

I am going to open it up maybe tonight and snap some pics.

I am currently not using the Hydra 26 fixture on my 50 gallon tank, but I am keeping it because I would love to support smaller business and hobbyist driven solutions like yours. I currently use Reefi-Lab’s UNO led fixture, which packs a powerful punch.

I’d imagine I’d use the Hydra with your spectrum on a tank just for it tied into the same system.

Last edited:

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am excited! It’s a great little light that I acquired through a used tank sale. There was a good bit of salt creep on the typical areas (fan board, and around its connector) which I will take pics of again. I cleaned it up fairly well with 95% alcohol and q tips but some of the confor coating was removed from oxidation. I follow the YouTube channel FixReef which was really helpful

I am going to open it up maybe tonight and snap some pics.

I am currently not using the Hydra 26 fixture on my 50 gallon tank, but I am keeping it because I would love to support smaller business and hobbyist driven solutions like yours. I currently use Reefi-Lab’s UNO led fixture, which packs a powerful punch.

I’d imagine I’d use the Hydra with your spectrum on a tank just for it tied into the same system.

Keep me posted! Hydras are a beast. I'm a bit biased, but when upgraded, they move on to a new level.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back