AI Hydra 32 light setting

Jsnrajah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - just got the AI hydra 32 for a 34 gallon tank - any recommendation on a ideal light setting... I’m new to reefing

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS(Bulk Reef Supply) has a video on youtube about correct settings to get AB+ spectrum out of the Hydra 32. I watched and used their AB+ setting for my AI Prime 16HD and the settings are great(great coral growth).

I found a thread here on R2R titled "How to calculate AB+ for Hydra 32" where BRS answers that question.
Light mounted 13" above tank, settings are:
UV 128%
Violet 109%
Royal Blue 89%
Blue 71%
Green 6%
Red 6%
White 21%

Last edited:

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to the AI site, they also have signature lighting schedules that you can download and use. I’m using the Saxby currently for a 52HD and a 64HD but had TonyRogers in the past.

OP
OP
J

Jsnrajah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS(Bulk Reef Supply) has a video on youtube about correct settings to get AB+ spectrum out of the Hydra 32. I watched and used their AB+ setting for my AI Prime 16HD and the settings are great(great coral growth).

I found a thread here on R2R titled "How to calculate AB+ for Hydra 32" where BRS answers that question.
Light mounted 13" above tank, settings are:
UV 128%
Violet 109%
Royal Blue 89%
Blue 71%
Green 6%
Red 6%
White 21%
Thank you... pardon me for the question.... what’s the significance of AB+ lighting... I see lots of thread ... I’m new and try to figure this out

OP
OP
J

Jsnrajah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to the AI site, they also have signature lighting schedules that you can download and use. I’m using the Saxby currently for a 52HD and a 64HD but had TonyRogers in the past.
I’m also using the saxby settting, but my tank is much smaller....

sckaras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new, setting up two tanks one reef cube for myself and one coral tank for my wife. My tank will have AI Prime HD, hers has a hydra 32.
has anyone had issues or know the specific process for downloading signature schedule to the app, having a ton of issues

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back