AI Hydra 32 vs. Hydra 64... is there really a comparison here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you have the par measurements for the brs recommended at 110% UV and V, 120% B and RB, 10% G and R, and 60% CW?

Would really appreciate it

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you have the par measurements for the brs recommended at 110% UV and V, 120% B and RB, 10% G and R, and 60% CW?
Would really appreciate it

Fantastic question, but unfortunately we didn't capture those numbers during our testing. We saw right away that the recommended spectrum ratio mix needed to be turned down in order to hit our PAR goals, so we scaled them down proportionally.

That said, I would guess that the overall PAR would be roughly 20% more than what we reported for the LPS settings on a 60gal cube. Those recommended settings in the video were at 80% of our MAX spectrum ratio settings.

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic question, but unfortunately we didn't capture those numbers during our testing. We saw right away that the recommended spectrum ratio mix needed to be turned down in order to hit our PAR goals, so we scaled them down proportionally.

That said, I would guess that the overall PAR would be roughly 20% more than what we reported for the LPS settings on a 60gal cube. Those recommended settings in the video were at 80% of our MAX spectrum ratio settings.

Okay thanks! I just need to know the ball park of things as I'm running a 24" mixed tank with SPS on the top half. I think best bet for me is to rent a par meter and to try and get that 250 goal at the top.

Judging by the numbers tho I may need to upgrade to a 64hd

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back