Ai light settings for 20 gallon long

Nwel99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi first post to this site :)
I have an established 20 gallon soft coral reef tank. Just recently upgraded lighting system . One AI prime light .
I have the app downloaded . But I'm lost of the proper settings to aim for .. seems complex. Could anyone sent a proper lighting schedule please :)

20211101_162023.jpg

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a lot of the signature series to be unappealing. This is what I ran (if I remember correctly):
UV: 65
Violet: 80
RB: 95
B: 95
R: 4
G: 4
W: 20
M: 0
You can use the ‘easy setup’ and set your levels and then put a 2 hour ramp up/down (iirc, the sunset is when you want the ramp down to start not when you want the lights to go off, so if you have a 2 hour ramp down, you’d put the sunset when you want the 2 hour ramp down to start - so for example a 12 hour schedule would start at 8am and end at 6pm - if that makes sense).

You can change any of these levels to suit your personal taste, this is just what looked good to my eye and was close to what I’d read was good for coral. I didn’t overdrive any of the channels because my tank didn’t need it, if you’re not growing SPS, you likely don’t either. Just play around with it a little bit and you’ll figure it out, the app really is pretty easy to use.

I would also put it on a 30 day acclimation period, starting at 50-60% intensity (depending on how intense your previous lighting was). It’s in the upper right hand corner of the ‘lighting’ tab in the app.

One last thing, on a tank that wide, you probably need two of these kind of lights to get even coverage, so long as you keep all of your corals closer to the center (like 4” in from the sides), you’ll be fine, but you may want to think about getting a second one if you really want to load the tank with corals. I know they say that you’ll get 24” of coverage, but IME it’s really closer to 18”-20”.

Michael Price

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi first post to this site :)
I have an established 20 gallon soft coral reef tank. Just recently upgraded lighting system . One AI prime light .
I have the app downloaded . But I'm lost of the proper settings to aim for .. seems complex. Could anyone sent a proper lighting schedule please :)

20211101_162023.jpg
How is the single ai prime working for you? im about to setup a 20g long and want an ai prime or 2. Are you able to put coral to the edges? any info is greatly appreciated

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back