Ai nero 3 flow recommendations for redsea reefer 170

vikz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, after being out of the hobby for a few years, i have just bought myself and setup a redsea reefer 170.

it will be mainly lps with some sps acro’s once it settles down. For now the tank has two hammer corals in there.

i have 2x ai nero 3’s on the tank, both mounted on the rear walls on either side. Just trying to figure out the ideal flow setting for my Tank. I have familiarised myself with the app and currently set to randomn mode at 55% max. Both pumps are parent and child set at 180 phase (opposites).

There does nit seem to be a lot of movement on the euphlyia or tank generally… should I be running these pumps higher or do my settings sound right?

not sure how powerful the nero 3 is but didnt want any big ugly pumps in the tank Hence i didn’t go for nero 5.

pic of tank attached.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts

37F91DD0-3CCD-471F-AFAB-C98C86FE2D2E.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you could try running them a few inches higher - and you may want to try them both running in the same direction. This might give you a nice top to front, down the front and to the back kind of motion.

OP
OP
V

vikz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you could try running them a few inches higher - and you may want to try them both running in the same direction. This might give you a nice top to front, down the front and to the back kind of motion.
Hi sorry what do you mean? Having a hard time visualising

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is for gyres - but the basic premise is the same. For the Nero3 I'd look at either the first or second image so you can kind of get some ideas for flow direction. I have my main ReefWave 45s setup horizontally on either side of the tank (image 1) and another set of Maxspect XF330s that provide backup on either side of the overflow (image 2).

reefwave setup.JPG

OP
OP
V

vikz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great thank you. So you suggest having the pumps copy each other rather than running at opposites, correct?

What sort of power % would you suggest?

Back