AI Nero 3 Pump Review – The Sweet Spot for Nano Reef Water Flow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AI Nero 3 pump is the new, smaller successor to one of the best water moving powerheads on the market today, the AI Nero 5. Priced at only $149 the new AI Nero 3 propeller pump from AquaIllumination is a concentration of features and performance normally reserved for much larger and more expensive water movers. […]
Source

Continue reading...

michaelmessinaglass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review! I recently purchased this pump for an upcoming 20g cube build and I can’t wait to get it set up. I hadn’t thought about turning the pumps higher at night to clean out the display, thanks for sharing the tip!!

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I've been wanting something like this. I have a single Tunze 6040 now and I was considering another, but it's kinda bulky.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of these for my QT. I have a Nero 5 in my display tank and it's been great. In setting up the Nero 3, it seems to have a problem establishing a Bluetooth connection though. No matter what I try, it does not show up in the myAI app device search. Does anyone know of a document explaining what the different lights on the driver mean (I've looked all over the AI website but there doesn't seem to be any detail on the subject)?

Reefer1485

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the Nero 3 and have been watching work. Well here some things I can’t get over. For one: I have a IM AIO 20 gal. For me to have 20 times the turn over I need to be able to adjust it down to 400 GPH well it can’t. If you set it 1% that is still 600 GPH. This doesn’t give any room to create different flows by using the random mode. In pulse mode I noticed that you can only go down to 2%. Which is closer to 700 GPH. Well when you set the time for ON/OFF in plus mode what it’s doing is say set your setting to 2% well when it is in the On mode if runs at 2% when off it drops it down to default 1% which is 600sh GPH again no change in flow in a smaller tank. This really stinks. I wish it would just turn off then On meaning in the off mode the blades stop then run again when on. Why is it they set it to 1% and not just use set GPH settings or allow for lower flows. Not sure if others do the same.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back