AI Nero 5 on Back of AOI?

Wilson1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states any thoughts on mounting an AI Nero 5 on the back of an AOI tank so that the magnet is actually underwater in the rear sump? Will it work? Will it leach anything, rust, etc? any experience with this?

just a thought right now but would like some first hand experience before I pull the trigger.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this as I have the same question, I have a full glass divide so the normally dry side magnet would be wet?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're worried about it leaching you can buy other magnets that are safe to use in aquariums. You don't have to use the magnet that came with it.

I've used rubber coated "cow magnets" before to hold things in place when setting a temporary stock tank. They were used for 3 months without issues. As for long term (multiple year) use, I just don't know.

You could even buy some magnets and coat them in plasti-dip or something similar.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this bright idea recently and was advised to place the magnet in a freezer ziploc before placing it under water. Problem solved.

2323.jpg

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this?
I have read numerous reports of these magnets being good to go in the water. I personally have had them on my back wall for only 2 months. I was confident enough with the results others had that i am not concerned. I will check them every 6 months for any damage when I do my pump cleaning

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone still cares. I asked AI directly and the person said "Eh, it should probably mostly be fine or ok maybe" so I just put the magnet inside a zip lock back then inside my AIO chamber.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back