Ai Prime 16 HD Settings? - David Saxby - 12" Depth - 10 Gallon Tank

DyloHeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I recently purchased an AI prime 16 HD and have set it up using david saxbys settings, I've lowered the setting significantly with acclimation mode on for 30 days starting at 50%.

I have attached the settings. And photos of my tank.

The light is 8" above the water, with my tank having 12" of depth, and is 20" wide.

I'm worried that I might of the set the light too low for my tank and wanted to ask for opinions. Obviously, very hard without a par meter.

You may not exactly know the right answer, but I'd like to have some guidelines on what to look out for during the acclimation period. How to tell if there isnt enough light or too much.

The top half of my tank will be SPS, while the bottom will be softies and some LPS.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.a0b9a22dca0ea489af121a6a7d6ff39f.jpg 20200601_171921.jpg 20200531_170930.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some typical signs of too much light is loss of color in the tissue of sps, or rapid color change, fairing lighter.

Lps, shroom, softies, etc will appear receeded and not expanded at all. Tissue will lay flatter and have less testure.

Lighter coloring is usually a tell tale. But beware with different schedules as the coral may appear a different color to your naked eye due to more or less blues for instance, or at least different than u are used to under your old settings.

Hope this helps.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back