AI Prime 16HD on a fluval evo 13.5

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought an AI prime 16HD to upgrade from the stock light on my fluval evo. Wife bought me a bunch of SPS frags as an anniversary gift because she knows I love them, but obviously stock light isn't strong enough for them. What settings would you suggest so my little frags don't melt?

I have a few different SPS on the way (slimeball Anacropora, Purple Stylophora, Bali Green Slimer, ans sour apple birdsnest on the way, and some various LPS and softies that are already in the tank.

We have a 47 gallon rimless we are upgrading to, but will be setting it up once I come home from school at Christmas. Hoping the corals grow some between now and then.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start the blue/uv/purple at 50% intensity for 8 hours a day with white at 25% and red and green at 10%. Slowly raise the blues/uv/purps to 100% over several weeks. leave red and green where they are. Raise white up to 50% slowly. after you reach this point, you can raise the white up higher if you want to get the color tempera that is appealing to your eye. or you can leave it at 50%.
Resist the urge to keep tweeking The percentages and try to mostly leave it alone otherwise. if you see any of the SPS color start to get white-ish, revert back to your last settings and wait a couple weeks before rai again.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back