AI prime 16HD or TMC reef photon

bradb90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says looking on which light to use. Just about to setup a new tank which will likely have softies. May get some lps down the road but not set.
Does anyone have any experience with the TMC reef-photon as I have not been able to find to many reviews.

thanks

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says looking on which light to use. Just about to setup a new tank which will likely have softies. May get some lps down the road but not set.
Does anyone have any experience with the TMC reef-photon as I have not been able to find to many reviews.

thanks
What size and dimensions of tank?

Those are very different styles of lights, if you are looking for a specific price range that will help with suggestions.

Patman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks
TMC looks like it's all over the place, I can't imagine they have done too much r&d, looks like they are slapping nice LEDS into random fixtures and hoping something sticks lol. I would not be their guinea pig.

OP
OP
bradb90

bradb90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply’s,
Tank is 900 x 500 x 530mm
I am able to get 2 of each for around the same price, primes just a little more. The tmc photon states its 84w each but been some debate of how accurate that actually is. Primes 55w. So Basically the primes look to be good units but will 2 of them be powerful enough for tank?

OP
OP
bradb90

bradb90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budget is around £400-450ish which both x2 prime 16hd and the x2 pack tmc reef photon fall under. Primes would be a little more because or the separate brackets where as the photon comes with it but price difference between the units doesn’t bother me. interested in if these lights are up for the job and differences between them. haven’t really looked at noopsyche or viparspectra but hanging lights isn’t really an option unfortunately.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back