AI Prime 16HD Reef Help

SoCal_Finn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had issues with the AI 16HD Reef? I’ve had it for three weeks and suddenly last night, the light went out and now it’s AI light is blinking Red.
i tried resetting but no luck!
Also, noticed the green light on the power adapter, is no longer lit.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're well within your warranty period, I would contact AI customer support and have them diagnose the light. It sounds like the PSU is bad if the green light is not there, but I would take advantage of their support while your still in their warranty window.

Edit: Unless the light is second hand in which case they may fix it but it will be more expensive.

If you have a second light you could try using it's power supply on the faulty fixture and determine if the power supply is the cause.

OP
OP
SoCal_Finn

SoCal_Finn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're well within your warranty period, I would contact AI customer support and have them diagnose the light. It sounds like the PSU is bad if the green light is not there, but I would take advantage of their support while your still in their warranty window.

Edit: Unless the light is second hand in which case they may fix it but it will be more expensive.

If you have a second light you could try using it's power supply on the faulty fixture and determine if the power supply is the cause.
It's a brand new light, i contacted AI to open a warranty claim, hope they are able to replace it soon.

Back