AI prime 16HD seeking light settings for Anemone..

JV1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered this light for my 40 Gallon tank, there are tons of light setting and schedules but which ones are best for an anemone tank? I have 3 anemones at the moment with no other fish at the moment. I know they like light so which light settings do you guys run with??

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
More than seeking a light schedule for anemones, its more important to know their needs from light and then set yours accordingly. Anemone lighting is a very important aspect of their care. These creatures need a lot of light to truly thrive because they’re photosynthetic. Basically, that means that they absorb light to make food and grow. The anemone has zooxanthellae in its body, which are symbiotic microorganisms they feed on. Without proper lighting, the anemone will expel the zooxanthellae and turn white. This process is called bleaching and often leads to death.
A moderate amount of flow is recommended. Many aquarists agree that too much flow will cause the anemone to stretch out and look stringy. Keeping things moderate will help avoid this from happening. Avoid directing your jets at the anemone. The creatures enjoy subtle movement at all times. But too much direct flow hitting the anemone will force it to move.

OP
OP
JV1981

JV1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More than seeking a light schedule for anemones, its more important to know their needs from light and then set yours accordingly. Anemone lighting is a very important aspect of their care. These creatures need a lot of light to truly thrive because they’re photosynthetic. Basically, that means that they absorb light to make food and grow. The anemone has zooxanthellae in its body, which are symbiotic microorganisms they feed on. Without proper lighting, the anemone will expel the zooxanthellae and turn white. This process is called bleaching and often leads to death.
A moderate amount of flow is recommended. Many aquarists agree that too much flow will cause the anemone to stretch out and look stringy. Keeping things moderate will help avoid this from happening. Avoid directing your jets at the anemone. The creatures enjoy subtle movement at all times. But too much direct flow hitting the anemone will force it to

Attachments

• 20211110_123151.jpg
    20211110_123151.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 365

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is a florida condylactus and looks happy. I personally would not change your settings as this type of anemone requires basic lighting

OP
OP
JV1981

JV1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a florida condylactus and looks happy. I personally would not change your settings as this type of anemone requires basic lighting
this is with the old light, i just upgraded to a AI prime 16hd so im looking for settings.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
this is with the old light, i just upgraded to a AI prime 16hd so im looking for settings.
In that case- Try this

UV - 95
Purple - 90
Blue - 110
white - 24
red - 4
Green - 3
cool blue 85

Ale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Looking for some advice, how is it going with the lighting schedule? I just got an AI 16 Prime too.. currently have 5 bubble tips of which 2 of them are split of 1 (my first one). I know its a old old post. but I am looking for advice. Thanks in advance :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%

Back