AI Prime 16HD vs Kessil A160we Tuna Blue

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if money wasn’t a factor in this which would you go with for a IM 25 Lagoon? The Kessil with controller or the AI Prime? I’m really leaning towards the Kessil. My LFS Has these on all their tanks and I really really like the shimmer effect. I’ve read the new AI Primes aren’t as good as the old ones due to the fact they aren’t Wi-Fi and the app kind of sucks. How’s the controller for the Kessil?

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are good lights,I looked at Kessil but decided on prime 16hd’s for my tank For the simplicity of plug and play right from my phone, no controllers or anything else necessary.

They are Bluetooth which means you can’t change settings remotely , but the range on the Bluetooth is surprisingly good.

I looked at it from the point of view that we shouldn’t be changing our settings so often that we need the ability to change them remotley And if I’m gonna Be away for more than 24 hours I’ve got someone checking on my reef. I also have a webcam on my reef so can see if anything goes wrong and get someone to take care of it.

I Found the app to be suffiencent for my needs. here is a screenshot of the schedule and editing screens to give you an idea of the app.
2831A5FB-1F05-4A0B-917A-1B86C59DA111.jpeg 4229E8A1-95E4-4DA0-AC47-ECA0B49EB4EB.jpeg

That being said either Light is a good light so if you like the look of Kessil and your lfs uses them and can provide face to face support Kessil may be the best choice for your reef.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back