AI Prime 16hd

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Need to make sure I'm on the 4oght track with this new light system I have for my reef tank. Yes I'm guilty of change my setting all the time and not letting it stand at one setting. Right now I just need to know if I'm good here or what I can do. I know my coral are not happy cause of the lights changing so much. Right now I just need to make sure I'm good and will leave it alone. Below I have pictures of my current tank a we setting and tank look like now.

1618701704494530847986412473738.jpg 16187017242201372928406110399797.jpg 16187017450765983565738612544739.jpg Screenshot_20210417-191749_myAI.jpg Screenshot_20210417-191733_myAI.jpg

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the AI Prime has a PAR footprint that is less intense directly under it, with the intensity ramping up as it spreads out. This is mostly due to the optics so that it has less of a spotlight effect, wherein the center would get very high PAR, and then would drop off considerably as the light spreads outwards. BRS has a great video that goes in depth on the PAR footprint of the Prime HD, which I definitely recommend taking a look at. It should give you a basic idea of how the light is operating in your tank, but if you really wanted to be pinpoint accurate and dial in and tweak your settings, you will need a PAR meter to do so.

I rented a PAR meter and did a bunch of tests, and what I can tell you definitively, is that the light intensity directly under the Prime HD is much less than you would think. It’s less intense directly under the fixture, PAR increases around the outskirts, then starts to drop off, as expected, the farther the light spread goes.

It’s a bit hard to explain, and I can assure you the video that BRS did would make way more sense than I could lol.

OP
OP
Cdime712

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the AI Prime has a PAR footprint that is less intense directly under it, with the intensity ramping up as it spreads out. This is mostly due to the optics so that it has less of a spotlight effect, wherein the center would get very high PAR, and then would drop off considerably as the light spreads outwards. BRS has a great video that goes in depth on the PAR footprint of the Prime HD, which I definitely recommend taking a look at. It should give you a basic idea of how the light is operating in your tank, but if you really wanted to be pinpoint accurate and dial in and tweak your settings, you will need a PAR meter to do so.

I rented a PAR meter and did a bunch of tests, and what I can tell you definitively, is that the light intensity directly under the Prime HD is much less than you would think. It’s less intense directly under the fixture, PAR increases around the outskirts, then starts to drop off, as expected, the farther the light spread goes.

It’s a bit hard to explain, and I can assure you the video that BRS did would make way more sense than I could lol.
Ty

OP
OP
Cdime712

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you have a link for this. Also did you hear of a file called Pirates of the Caribbean?

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link for this. Also did you hear of a file called Pirates of the Caribbean?
Here’s the video:

And yes, the Pirates of the Caribbean is a lighting profile and it’s pretty popular among the community. I personally find most of the signature series profiles way too blue for my liking, and a bit too intense considering I have mine over a 10G cube. Most of the profiles are overkill for nano tanks and would need to be adjusted in intensity so you don’t melt/bleach all your coral. There is supposedly a facebook group that you can join where lots of people have uploaded their lighting profiles, but I don’t have facebook so I’ve never been on it, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to find with Google.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back