Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey Mane The Flare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4754.JPG
So I just up graded my 29g reef into a 55g Looks kinda silly bucause I put all coral on one side of the tank.... (only have one ai prime hd). Yesterday on eBay I found a lightly used ai prime (non hd). Being me. Inpatient and trying to save 100$ I bought it not knowing there was a non hd light. Will these lights work together on the app? Will the color match? Or will the end up sump light

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will work together on the app, they can be tied together (parent/child) no problem. The color rendering is not quite the same though. I personally don't notice it much on my own tank, but when I take photos it's noticeable.

I have also taken some readings with a lux meter and am getting about half the intensity from the non-hd vs. the hd. It'll work for now, but I'd probably want two HD for the long haul if I were you.

Dominat0r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on this as well, please post pics when (or if) you get this setup. I am running 1 HD prime on my 20H, but if the non HD come down, I might pick one up just for the hell of it.

OP
OP
Mikey Mane The Flare

Mikey Mane The Flare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine for 170 with the arm the guy had a receipt from 6 months ago. I'll be sure to post pic for you

OP
OP
Mikey Mane The Flare

Mikey Mane The Flare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting this just as reference to the difference in color between non-hd and HD. HD on the left, non on the right:

35207460766_05e6347ca0_z.jpg
Someone take the hammer away. You just hit the nail on the head!!! Thankyou nice looking tank can you post a screenshot of power set up?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should note that pic was probably taken with a filter and it's not that obvious to the naked eye. But, there is an obvious difference.

Is this what you're looking for?
9d84bf488618db9407cab8523b4d11c3.png

OP
OP
Mikey Mane The Flare

Mikey Mane The Flare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should note that pic was probably taken with a filter and it's not that obvious to the naked eye. But, there is an obvious difference.

Is this what you're looking for?
9d84bf488618db9407cab8523b4d11c3.png
Wow wat different from what I'm running! That almost scares me

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow wat different from what I'm running! That almost scares me

Ha! Someone else created it, I just downloaded the file and gave it a go. ;) It seems to work fine, so I've left it alone. It's supposed to be modeled after the AB+ schedule for the Radion for the sps folks.

Dominat0r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that what you running in the pic? It just seems like there is a lot of white in the pic with the HD on the left and the non HD on the right.

timlyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4754.JPG
So I just up graded my 29g reef into a 55g Looks kinda silly bucause I put all coral on one side of the tank.... (only have one ai prime hd). Yesterday on eBay I found a lightly used ai prime (non hd). Being me. Inpatient and trying to save 100$ I bought it not knowing there was a non hd light. Will these lights work together on the app? Will the color match? Or will the end up sump light
Is this 16hd or 32hd? I am starting a 55g tank too and considering getting one 16hd, no$$ to buy 2.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this 16hd or 32hd? I am starting a 55g tank too and considering getting one 16hd, no$$ to buy 2.

The 16, 32, or most any similar shaped light won't provide full coverage for a 55g. You may want to look at a light bar type fixture or a less expensive (but still quality) option like two Noopsyche K7Pro2 lights. Good luck with whatever you choose!

timlyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 16, 32, or most any similar shaped light won't provide full coverage for a 55g. You may want to look at a light bar type fixture or a less expensive (but still quality) option like two Noopsyche K7Pro2 lights. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Thanks for the answer Peace River!

I'm currently using Fluval Marine & Reef 2.0 36"-48", which some are happy about it, while many in this forum are preferring Prime HD over this.

I thought the 32HD is highly praised everywhere, like it's the best, some use 2 of them for better coverage. I wouldn't mind to just start my corals on one side if coverage is an issue for only one 32HD.

My tank dimension is (48" x 21" x 13") btw. like an Aqueon Standard Glass with a center glass piece fixed on the top center which may block some light, but maybe too minor to be of concern.

And thank you for K7Pro2 suggestion...never heard of this but looks like the PAR is comparable with the Prime HD. My knowledge of lighting is limited to: beginner's info of AI Prime HD, Fluval 2.0, Aqueon (fresh water tank) and now reading Noopsyche.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back