AI prime Fuge light vs Kessil H160

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you have an infinite list of ideas for testing but I would love to see a head to head test of these two comparable and new to market lights. I bought the H160, but it would have been a super tough choice had the AI prime been released.

Some spectrum and intensity tests... maybe a cheato growing challenge?

Thanks for all you do!

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you have an infinite list of ideas for testing but I would love to see a head to head test of these two comparable and new to market lights. I bought the H160, but it would have been a super tough choice had the AI prime been released. Some spectrum and intensity tests... maybe a cheato growing challenge?
Thanks for all you do!

You're right, our testing plate is pretty full. As much as I'd love to put a variety of lights to a head-to-head test for these types of things, I'm just not sure that the budget would allow the space/time/resources needed to make it happen. Not all is lost though, I'll add head-to-head refugium lighting choices to the idea board so we don't lose it. :)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at a loss as to why you would pay that kind of price for a fuge light when there are more powerful, dimmable fuge lights with a perfect spectrum out there with proven track records for $50 or even less.
Maybe I am missing something?

dcinky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at a loss as to why you would pay that kind of price for a fuge light when there are more powerful, dimmable fuge lights with a perfect spectrum out there with proven track records for $50 or even less.
I’m currently in the market for a refugium light. Any suggestions on the best overall value in this type of light? Thanks!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check on amazon. There are a ton of them in the under $50 range that are primarily red and blue leds that grow macro algae like crazy.

Plus, you can find one that suits your space and mounting options.

Just search for LED grow light

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check on amazon. There are a ton of them in the under $50 range that are primarily red and blue leds that grow macro algae like crazy.

Plus, you can find one that suits your space and mounting options.

Just search for LED grow light
I understand this thinking, but I love my kessil H380.

Kodane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this ? I’m currently on the market for a fuge light for my triton 44. I was going to go with the kessil 380 but the price point is killing me. At 200 the AI seems to be a lot more on what I’d wanna spend. However I do have one of those led grow lights off Amazon I use to grow plants. It’s really strong. Kind of like a black box for plant growing am I right @dantimdad ? I thought about using that but I kind of wanted something a little cleaner looking and adjustable like the ai or kessil. Just my opinion. But wanting yours!

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this ? I’m currently on the market for a fuge light for my triton 44. I was going to go with the kessil 380 but the price point is killing me. At 200 the AI seems to be a lot more on what I’d wanna spend. However I do have one of those led grow lights off Amazon I use to grow plants. It’s really strong. Kind of like a black box for plant growing am I right @dantimdad ? I thought about using that but I kind of wanted something a little cleaner looking and adjustable like the ai or kessil. Just my opinion. But wanting yours!

I took all the measurements, but Ryan and I are deciding how to best present the information. We've got some ideas for newer style BRStv videos that we may try with this one. :)

Kodane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took all the measurements, but Ryan and I are deciding how to best present the information. We've got some ideas for newer style BRStv videos that we may try with this one. :)

When might you guys put out the video? I need one soon lol [emoji12]

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t comepare the fuge has vs the kessil but I imagine both are comparable
In output. I’ve had the hydra he 26 and prime hds and both are stellar lights with a good controller. I’ve had the kessil h160 running for about 7-8 months and it’s stupid easy to use. Needs no app or controller. For a fuge light it gets my nod vs the price fuge for that reason alone. Literally just turn it on and twist 2 knobs and your done.

I actually just bought another for a new build.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have looked, what you describe does not exist. For 50 you might be able to get one without a timer or dimmer, no good way to hang it and very questionable build quality.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back