AI prime Fuge light vs Kessil H160

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

NaH20nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you on the fence about the AI Prime Fuge light, it does exactly what it says it does. It grows Chaeto. I’m sure it can grow other macro algae’s too but I’ve only grown chaeto. (See below). I stopped tracking the growth but it now has completely filled the refugium. Will be doing my first harvest soon. Phosphates and nitrates have been undetectable for several weeks now (even been feeding more to try and get nutrients up). This is a first for me. Love this light!! I am on day one of taking skimmer off line and never even had to run GFO. I’m sure there are other lights that will work, just know that this light works very well. Slick installation too.
9c6be666f101bf9fbe2101eba07cc827.jpg
655f3e810f2ee9aca90063772fb64b20.jpg

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you on the fence about the AI Prime Fuge light, it does exactly what it says it does. It grows Chaeto. I’m sure it can grow other macro algae’s too but I’ve only grown chaeto. (See below). I stopped tracking the growth but it now has completely filled the refugium. Will be doing my first harvest soon. Phosphates and nitrates have been undetectable for several weeks now (even been feeding more to try and get nutrients up). This is a first for me. Love this light!! I am on day one of taking skimmer off line and never even had to run GFO. I’m sure there are other lights that will work, just know that this light works very well. Slick installation too.
What settings do you run it at? Struggling to find that perfect setting.

Enigma84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask a little about your photoperiod, stocking level and feeding amount per day? I am inches away from pressing buy, but I'd like to compare it to my 3 cubes of shrimp a day and two pinches of pellets as to whether it will keep my nutrients low enough.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask a little about your photoperiod, stocking level and feeding amount per day? I am inches away from pressing buy, but I'd like to compare it to my 3 cubes of shrimp a day and two pinches of pellets as to whether it will keep my nutrients low enough.
It will likely be powerful enough to push your tank down to zero nitrate if you aren’t careful.

I had a small tank at a cube a day and i could hit zero at 40% power for 6hrs. Be super careful about hitting zero and crashing your tank with Dinos it’s a real possibility

Back