AI Prime HD 16 vs AI Hydra 32 HD for 14cube 10g tank.

kooroc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. So I have a 14cube 10g tank with a 4 inch back sump. I am considering upgrading my light from the Micmol aqua mini g3 I am using right now.

Stocking:
Some SPS.
Some LPS.
Maybe some softies.

Currently, the SPS are toward the top of the tank, and the LPS and softies are towards the bottom. I dont want to be changing their locations too much.

What would be a better light in my scenario?

My options are:
One AI Prime HD 16 or One AI Hydra 32 HD.

I don't want to over kill. If the 16 will be fine for the SPS in a tank this size, I will go with that considering the price difference.

OP
OP
kooroc

kooroc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you plan on ever upgrading? If so, id get a 32. If you're not ever planning on upgrading I think a 16HD would be fine.
Not really. I have a 120g and that's pretty much set. I started this tank because I wanted a nano reef. Don't think I will go bigger on this. At least not anytime in the near future.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. I have a 120g and that's pretty much set. I started this tank because I wanted a nano reef. Don't think I will go bigger on this. At least not anytime in the near future.

Yeah, in that case I would say the 16, unless you just have money spilling out of your pockets. You can spend that 160 you save on a powerhead or something.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back