AI Prime HD on my Nuvo 10 Test Tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am enjoying my AI Primes so far over my test tank.

After seeing improvements in colors and possibly some growth rates too on my frag tanks getting rid of my Kessils I decided to try a nano tank to play with and its doing great at 2 months old now and I figured I would share my custom settings mix I came up with that is a combination of Saxby and AB+ essentially.

Happy New Year and Happy Reefing!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13yX0I97tZfYsn3CJNYqujz9xVUk7eh-o/view?usp=drivesdk

49a2d80fe497684e8b71a3116bb01102.jpg
94dc25ac9cfe0da68be814d65495f5a0.jpg
cfdd6495351f8a5ca426384f3fd00178.jpg

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice!

I essentially do the same thing with my hydra 52 on display and my prime on my 10.
Saxby and combo AB.

Been working awesome.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful colors you are getting. I just started a 16g in my 5th grade classroom. Would you recommend an ai prime or hydra26HD? Tank is mostly softies/lps with a few sps.

OP
OP
Jorin

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, the camera never does tanks true justice either.
I would do the AI Prime HD myself on that one as it will support all of that no problem and more too while being compact and an inexpensive proven performer.

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The code is the settings profile you can upload from your AI cloud console.

Here is a screenshot of the profile too that was posted above:
5f9e20d6eab679e29adbb2019f40afa2.jpg

Wow I feel dumb. I totally missed the numbers across the top. My tank is still cycling so my 2 Hydra 26HD's aren't even setup yet. I was going to run AB+ equivalent but mainly because I havent found any other good settings.

Very Nice!

I essentially do the same thing with my hydra 52 on display and my prime on my 10.
Saxby and combo AB.

Been working awesome.

What are your settings for Hydra 52? Are they different from the Prime? I know the AB+ was different for each device. I need to find settings that will work on 26HD.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, the camera never does tanks true justice either.
I would do the AI Prime HD myself on that one as it will support all of that no problem and more too while being compact and an inexpensive proven performer.
Do you get the "disco ball" effect more so with AI prime than the Hydra?

ColorReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im getting a prime in a few weeks, i feel like the colors i am getting are fairly dull on my kessil a80. i am a total noob, how do i add your settings to my prime when i get it? awesome zoas btw. my nuvo 10 is mostly all high end zoas and some nice mushrooms

OP
OP
Jorin

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I feel dumb. I totally missed the numbers across the top. My tank is still cycling so my 2 Hydra 26HD's aren't even setup yet. I was going to run AB+ equivalent but mainly because I havent found any other good settings.

What are your settings for Hydra 52? Are they different from the Prime? I know the AB+ was different for each device. I need to find settings that will work on 26HD.

I haven’t made any settings for the hydra 52 or 26 yet so I am not certain I would think it is basically the same programming though because all it is is too light pucks in the same housing for the 26 and four for the 52.

OP
OP
Jorin

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you get the "disco ball" effect more so with AI prime than the Hydra?

Overall the blending is pretty good compared to many lights, still a minor effect due to the nature of individual led lights.

OP
OP
Jorin

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im getting a prime in a few weeks, i feel like the colors i am getting are fairly dull on my kessil a80. i am a total noob, how do i add your settings to my prime when i get it? awesome zoas btw. my nuvo 10 is mostly all high end zoas and some nice mushrooms

Thank you, I have gotten much more defined coloring in my SPS, Zoas, and mushrooms for sure with the AI lights than I was getting with the Kessils.

You can load this profile and using the Settings file I shared from my Google drive and it gets loaded by using the import option from the AI cloud management page after you have connected your light to the wireless network around your tank and registered it to your online account.

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you use this code please explain I’m kinda lost on how to download from a cloud idk I’m lost

OP
OP
Jorin

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The code has to be downloaded as the settings file itself by right clicking on it in my cloud box and then downloading it. Then from the Aquaillumination portal you can import the settings file and run it as your auto preset.

How do you use this code please explain I’m kinda lost on how to download from a cloud idk I’m lost

OP
OP
Jorin

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can manually set them to the chart but to load it directly in you have to use the AI cloud portal.

OP
OP
Jorin

Jorin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would add another photo to update this a little bit in the shower little bit of the growth in the past month. I am still loving this mix and everything in the tank seems to as well.
APC_0464.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%

Back