AI Prime HD Settings on Biocube 29

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!
I decided on the AI Prime HD for my new light on my Biocube 29. Right now it is LPS/Softie Mixed tank. I am wanting to try an SPS frag once I get the Prime.
What settings with a similar setup are you guys running? Just want an idea so I am good to go once it gets here this week.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled.png

I have mine over an IM10. I think the general consensus with AI Prime is that you should go up and down throughout the day. Recently cranked up the intensity a bit more to prepare the tank for an anemone. My max is 50% and my min is 35% I think. Most people on this forum go up and down far more frequently than me (like every 10 minutes instead of my every 30). I run my lights at 14000K because it looks pretty AF.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are a Facebooker, there is a group there for AI Prime folks with some pretty useful files you can download and try out. Basically they are people's tried and true schedules they like/have had success with. That's the route I took with mine and have been happy. I picked out one I thought I'd like and loaded it up, then set up acclimation mode on the Prime and let it do it's thing.

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are a Facebooker, there is a group there for AI Prime folks with some pretty useful files you can download and try out. Basically they are people's tried and true schedules they like/have had success with. That's the route I took with mine and have been happy. I picked out one I thought I'd like and loaded it up, then set up acclimation mode on the Prime and let it do it's thing.

Awesome. I didn't even think to check Facebook. How long did you acclimate for?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I didn't even think to check Facebook. How long did you acclimate for?
I think the default length is 1 month and I just left it at that and things went fine. However, I was only acclimating from one led (Kessil) to the Prime. I'm not sure what light you're coming from or if this is a new tank altogether, so that might factor in a little bit. If you're coming from a less intense light I might extend that out to even 2 months. If this is new I'd probably stick with the 1 month default.

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the default length is 1 month and I just left it at that and things went fine. However, I was only acclimating from one led (Kessil) to the Prime. I'm not sure what light you're coming from or if this is a new tank altogether, so that might factor in a little bit. If you're coming from a less intense light I might extend that out to even 2 months. If this is new I'd probably stick with the 1 month default.

Yeah I'm coming off of a Kessil A80 so definitely less intense.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm coming off of a Kessil A80 so definitely less intense.
I would probably play it safe and maybe extend that acclimation period to 6-8 weeks. LPS and softies will be more forgiving as far as adjusting to more intense light, but still, better safe than sorry. Some of those schedules have some pretty high/intense peaks with blues generally around 80-90%.

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled.png

I have mine over an IM10. I think the general consensus with AI Prime is that you should go up and down throughout the day. Recently cranked up the intensity a bit more to prepare the tank for an anemone. My max is 50% and my min is 35% I think. Most people on this forum go up and down far more frequently than me (like every 10 minutes instead of my every 30). I run my lights at 14000K because it looks pretty AF.

Why do you vary the intensity throughout the day?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out, it's where I got it. It was made for Hydra, but the person that made it says it's suitable for Prime. I've been running it...4-5 weeks now. Not long, but no issues yet. I'm only a week out of acclimation, so only a week to 10 days running at full strength. So far, so good.

AI Prime HD owners!!

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many powerheads (look like MP10s) are you using?

Thanks for the compliment! They are actually 500 less than Mp10s lol, it's a hydor koralia 240 and a Jebao pp4. I know the appeal of Mp10s I'm only kidding. SPS can never have too much flow!
ee463e4fa7c4d525209d8b852b4bd747.jpg
It's like a tidal wave in here!

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment! They are actually 500 less than Mp10s lol, it's a hydor koralia 240 and a Jebao pp4. I know the appeal of Mp10s I'm only kidding. SPS can never have too much flow!
ee463e4fa7c4d525209d8b852b4bd747.jpg
It's like a tidal wave in here!
I have 1 MP10 and I got it from my LFS used for $125 and I have it dialed down right. When I start adding SPS I am just going to dial it up. Was thinking about grabbing another as my LFS has another one for $125

ShaneWedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is a bit older but did anyone have issue with the middle hinge on the biocube? I mean was it in the way of the gooseneck? Did you remove it?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back