AI Prime Schedule & Epilepsy

Vanezia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife suffers from epilepsy, so i am after a schedule that will work well for a mixed reef tank. I have a 3ft tank which i have 2 AI Primes with shades & diffusers on, and then i supplement the lighting with a white LED light bar. Heavy blue light schedules or any flickering cause her headaches which could potentially cause a seizure. I am currently running a modified AB+ schedule on my lights, i would like to remove the white led light bar and run a schedule with more white blended in to it. Can anyone please help with a schedule? Also what effect will a lighting schedule with more white have on corals?

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe what ever schedule you’re using now should be fine if you just up the white on it. Corals don’t seem to pop as much in white light but there are corals that look better in a more natural light anyways.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White and blue have about the same PAR levels on a LED fixture, so as long as you are adjusting 1:1 things should be fine. Well, technically white has a bit more PAR than the same type of LED that's blue at the same wattage, but it's close enough.

OP
OP
Vanezia

Vanezia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White and blue have about the same PAR levels on a LED fixture, so as long as you are adjusting 1:1 things should be fine. Well, technically white has a bit more PAR than the same type of LED that's blue at the same wattage, but it's close enough.
So if increase the white i decrease blues by an equal amount. Makes sense as i dont want to burn my corals. Will the increase in whites affect coral growth? i understand the corals wont look the same under diffreent lights but will it affect the colour of the actual coral?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back