AI Prime Settings For LPS, Softies, and Possible Anemone?

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks! I recently upgraded my lighting on my standard 29 gallon from a Orbit Marine LED to and AI Prime. The light is sitting about 10" above the tank, and I'm getting a good spread of light all around the tank, except on the right hand side because of my two massive 15 lb rocks sitting there. I'm looking to keep only LPS, Softies, and maybe a BTA and I was wondering what the best light settings/schedule is best. I included pics of my light settings/schedule and a pic of my tank. I think my lighting schedule should work, but I'd rather have an expert opinion than just my own :)
IMG_1759.PNG
IMG_1758.PNG
IMG_1757.jpg

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful that is a strong little light. I used brs settings for a day and melted an enchanta. But I currently use the ai signature saxby setting and it works well for me. No algae and corals are loving it.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful that is a strong little light. I used brs settings for a day and melted an enchanta. But I currently use the ai signature saxby setting and it works well for me. No algae and corals are loving it.
How high above the tank was the light? And how deep was your enchanta that got melted?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much max out the first 4 channels and set the rest to whatever is pleasing (except red, don't use more than a tiny bit). Your current schedule seems fine but you can raise the intensity up. Just do it slowly if there are any corals in there.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much max out the first 4 channels and set the rest to whatever is pleasing (except red, don't use more than a tiny bit). Your current schedule seems fine but you can raise the intensity up to the whole wattage. Just do it slowly if there are any corals in there.

How far off the water is the light?
The light is about 10” off the surface of the water. I got the flex mount instead of the regular mount, so I don’t get much customization.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is about 10” off the surface of the water. I got the flex mount instead of the regular mount, so I don’t get much customization.

Sorry, I said that and than realized you already mentioned it.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high above the tank was the light? And how deep was your enchanta that got melted?
My light is 8” above the water and I had it on the sand bed of a 32 bio cube. Also might I add I had it on acclimation and was dialed back to like 50%.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy! That little thing is powerful!
Yeah I wanna venture out to the brs setting but I only have one monti and a stylo and don’t really wanna bleach everything or even chance it. The David saxby has worked well so far so I am sticking with it until it no longer serves me well.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wanna venture out to the brs setting but I only have one monti and a stylo and don’t really wanna bleach everything or even chance it. The David saxby has worked well so far so I am sticking with it until it no longer serves me well.
Do you have a picture of your tank?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wonder if that's because the biocube light is mostly white and the shock of a lot more blue from the prime caused bleaching since blue is more "exciting" in photosynthesis

Back