Ai Prime users...Blue settings for night time

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what you fellow AI Prime users have your blues set at after the day light goes out? I ramp my moon light up to 40% in the first 4 hours leave it at 40% for 2 hours then makes its way slowly back down untill the "sun rises". I have my blues set @ 3% at the 2 hour peak of the moon and 1% ramping up to it. I kind of want to add a little more blue to my moon spectrum just wondering what y'all do and what are your thoughts?

exesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm sorry that i cannot really help you with your question but do you allow me to ask you for your ai prime settings for the day? Got the prime yesterday and really unsure about the settings as i woild like to have a more white light. And i'm also unsure about the moonlight as you. I thought about setting it to 1 or 2% for 3 hours after sunset...

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go full darkness at night.

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ramp down everything to 0 from 9 pm to 11 pm, then turn on moonlight from 0 at 11 to 6% at 1 am then back to 0% at 3 am then dark until 10 am that everything start ramping up. I use the moonlight cycle too so the intensity varies based on moon cycle, I think 40% moonlight is too much and can disturb the fish. My AI are Primes 16 HD that comes with the yellow moonlight led.

Screenshot_20200708-070516_myAI.jpg

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm sorry that i cannot really help you with your question but do you allow me to ask you for your ai prime settings for the day? Got the prime yesterday and really unsure about the settings as i woild like to have a more white light. And i'm also unsure about the moonlight as you. I thought about setting it to 1 or 2% for 3 hours after sunset...
Sure, I'd be happy to share. I believe I can share the whole setting with you and you can import it. I run my moons at 40% it's still only 1 watt of power and mix in a little blue. At full daylight peak my light still only reaches 16 watts and that is enough for my SPS at the top of my tank and all of my LPS. Here's a picture of my spectrum at peak for 4 hours to give you an idea of what my settings are. If you want it let me know and I'll figure out how to share it with you.

Screenshot_20200708-084652.png

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ramp down everything to 0 from 9 pm to 11 pm, then turn on moonlight from 0 at 11 to 6% at 1 am then back to 0% at 3 am then dark until 10 am that everything start ramping up. I use the moonlight cycle too so the intensity varies based on moon cycle, I think 40% moonlight is too much and can disturb the fish. My AI are Primes 16 HD that comes with the yellow moonlight led.

Screenshot_20200708-070516_myAI.jpg
I have the same light. I started with the moon cycle but I didn't like it cuz honestly when it's dim it's ugly lol. My fish don't seem to be bothered by the light. It's only 1 watt even at 40%. My Dottyback still sleeps in her rock cave every night and my clown fish just always swims around like a weirdo anyways. I have a Clown Goby too but he rarely comes out of the rock work only to feed. I just shared my screen shot in the previous post. I actually got these settings from my LFS who I really trust. The guy said it took him a year to perfect them and shared them with me. I've seen the deep V's like you do in yours before in other settings, what does this simulate? Clouds blocking the sun?

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same light. I started with the moon cycle but I didn't like it cuz honestly when it's dim it's ugly lol. My fish don't seem to be bothered by the light. It's only 1 watt even at 40%. My Dottyback still sleeps in her rock cave every night and my clown fish just always swims around like a weirdo anyways. I have a Clown Goby too but he rarely comes out of the rock work only to feed. I just shared my screen shot in the previous post. I actually got these settings from my LFS who I really trust. The guy said it took him a year to perfect them and shared them with me. I've seen the deep V's like you do in yours before in other settings, what does this simulate? Clouds blocking the sun?
Yes that is my mix between BRS and saxby AB with cloud coverage. I made it so far the only SPS I have a monti is not complaining

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is my mix between BRS and saxby AB with cloud coverage. I made it so far the only SPS I have a monti is not complaining
Nice. I've got a few up top, a Monster ******* Acro, Bubble Gum Digi and a Bonsai Digi. All are happy with the light. Got a few montis too. Love that light though, so glad I upgraded to it. Love the controlability!

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I won't be having this question anymore. Just upgraded my lighting to the Noopsyche K7 Pro II. I've been very curious about it, heard great things, Dana Riddle did a nice study on it and I was thoroughly impressed so efff it. Pulled the trigger. Spoke with a sales rep and he's gonna send it out first thing in the morning. If I like it I'm selling my AI Prime 16HD. The Noop does not have moon lighting unfortunately but I figure I'll just run 1% blue and maybe 1% white at night depending on how it looks. The PAR on these lights is unbelievable

Back