AI Prime W/ Biocube 29 Gallon

DjPHILLLLY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

I have a question for the AI Prime and a Biocube. I’ve had corals in it years and years ago but sold them and mainly kept a fish only with live rock aquarium. I’ve recently got the itch for corals. Nothing crazy, just some Zoas and things alike. What would be a good preset for great color? I’m meaning color out of the coral and the aquarium itself to pop as the person looking at it. I enjoy those aquariums that have the lights so dang blue everything pops but I’d like a good mix of that “pop” but the corals to be healthy, fat and happy.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THis is my 20g nano cube with pretty good color.
I do run 2 16hds.
UV-V 140%
RB-B 125%
R-G 6%
W-31%
20220429_153101.jpg

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you kind of just want to ramp up the UV, Violet, Blue and Royal Blue to 100%.
White can be set around 30%, red and green down to 5-10%.

just play around with the %’s until you like it the lighting.

Lowering the white light also helps prevent nuisance algae growth.

OP
OP
DjPHILLLLY

DjPHILLLLY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe I’ve created some sort of super cautious emotion towards a bright light because I did have a nightmarish algae situation a few years back, but I just attempted the lighting setup that 90’s Reefer suggested and about had a heart attack at how bright it is compared to the preset I’m using at the moment lol. But I don’t see much nuisance algae in that picture so they’re doing something right.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe I’ve created some sort of super cautious emotion towards a bright light because I did have a nightmarish algae situation a few years back, but I just attempted the lighting setup that 90’s Reefer suggested and about had a heart attack at how bright it is compared to the preset I’m using at the moment lol. But I don’t see much nuisance algae in that picture so they’re doing something right.
Algae key in all my systems is 1 snail per gallon. I have 25 in the nano cube my snails grow algae and eat it to. I also have some ogo and DB macro attatched to a small rock with rubberbands.
20220502_191249.jpg

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 16hds on my frag system with no algae issues. They run the same nano cube settings.
You can lower white and raise it over time. I came from years of halide use and replace my halide on my frag system after the results I have seen from my nano.
20220503_114006.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back