AI products issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LivingroomDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently started a new tank. I went with 2 Prime 16 HD and 2 Nero 3 for lighting and flow. I decided on them as they seemed to have good reviews and were decently priced for a first reef tank. But I am pretty disappointed so far. I ran into a couple issues already.

1. The Nero are working great and are very silent. The app is great as well. The issue is every time I turn them off, they will not restart. They do the 3 try thing with a beep and start flashing red. They are not dirty and are high enough not to get sand. I need to take them off and turn them manually and start them out of the water for them to work. They always restart but it is a pain. If I don't stop them, no issues. I have a cheap Jebao powerhead in my mixing station that is much dirtier and always start without issues. Anybody ran into that problem? Any known fixes?

2. The lights. Again, they work great. Look very good and app is very good as well. The issues with them is when I measured the PAR, they are way off. I used the Photone app (maybe not the best but seems to work good) and measured at water level. My right one is showing about 320 and the left 180. I mean, I don't expect them to be exactly the same but that's nearly double. It is visibly obvious and also felt as one run warmer than the other. Again, does anybody have any experience with this? Could be user error I guess, but it does not seem right.

I have contacted AI and waiting on a response. Just hoping to see if other have had issues or if they is some kind fixes. Hopefully AI has a good customer services....

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the lights measure the watt draw from each.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of my 2 Nero 3s ive had one fail 2x and the other fail 1x. They both started having issues like yours and the only way to fix once they stopped working was to claim warranty and get replacements. Best of luck, im done with the Neros. Ill keep running the two I have until they die again and when I get the replacements I'm going to sell them. not a fan of AIs replacement policy, they make you give a non refundable deposit and if they don't find issues they can charge you the full price of the pump and send you a new one. Makes you feel like your taking a gamble trying to get a faulty part replaced that should be free, especially when there pumps can burn up within a couple of months in my experience.

OP
OP
L

LivingroomDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of my 2 Nero 3s ive had one fail 2x and the other fail 1x. They both started having issues like yours and the only way to fix once they stopped working was to claim warranty and get replacements. Best of luck, im done with the Neros. Ill keep running the two I have until they die again and when I get the replacements I'm going to sell them. not a fan of AIs replacement policy, they make you give a non refundable deposit and if they don't find issues they can charge you the full price of the pump and send you a new one. Makes you feel like your taking a gamble trying to get a faulty part replaced that should be free, especially when there pumps can burn up within a couple of months in my experience.
Yeah, I don't have much confidence right now. I might decide to sell everything as well and replace with a different brand. Even more affordable option like the @noopsyche are getting good reviews.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back