AIO Cobalt C-Vue 45 - Dosing and Protein Skimmer

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just downgraded from a 125 pre-drilled aquarium to the AIO Cobalt C-Vue 45. Was going to drill the tank and add a sump but got scared and opted not to. Immediately regret not drilling it. My Bubble Magus dosing pump isn't strong enough to dose from my stand into the tank and I really do not want to make any modifications that would be an eye sore. Dosing BRS 2-part now but plan to switch to the Aquaforest 1+2+3+. Hoping there is a way to do this while concealing my dosing pump and dosing containers.
Also, I am having trouble deciding on a skimmer for the tank. My bioload is low but the tank is all Acros so I want to keep my nutrients low. Not convinced the Tunze 9004 will do the job. Considering trying to squeeze a Bubble Magus C3.5 or the Ice Cap K2 in the back/sump. If anyone is familiar with this tank and has any suggestions I would be grateful. Thank you for looking!!

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using the tunze 9004 on mine it fits and works on my cvue 40. I have a heavy bioload sps dominated tank.

OP
OP
C

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the bump and the response. I set up a shelf next to my tank for dosing directly into the back sump and it has been working great. Also ended up going with the Tunze 9004 and was pleasantly surprised with its performance. My tank is stocked very heavily for a 40 gallon (clown fish, 2 Bangaii cardinals, candy hogfish, helfrichi firefish, midas blenny, opossum wrasse and royal gramma) and the skimmer, combined with carbon dosing, keep my nutrients where I want them (under 0.05 ppm PO4 and 2-5 ppm NO3).

IndianaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little late to the thread, but I just setup my C-Vue 45 and have the Tunze 9004. Could you possibly post a pic of how you have your in the chamber? Mine doesn’t seem to be getting good flow into the skimmer.

OP
OP
C

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is attached to the back glass of the sump between the two return pumps/hoses. I will send pic when I get home. It actually skims a lot better than anticipated.

OP
OP
C

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry the pic sucks. But can you see how I have it oriented.

20191009_205852.jpg

IndianaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. That helps a lot. I have been trying to get it running in my first chamber on the right (normally has the filter sock). It just isn’t fitting in right to get adequate flow into the weir on the unit.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back