AIO Nuvo 40 Build

1fastrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone

I'm just starting another build thread for a new tank I'm setting up. I am down sizing from my 90 gallon tank to an all in one Innovative Marine Nuvo 40.

I purchased the Nuvo with the stand, 2 media baskets, Nuvo Protein skimmer, and UV sterilizer. I am thinking of switching out one of the media baskets with a filter sock set up depending on what is suggested. I am going to cross over my thermometer controller and ATO as well to help a little with monitoring as well as 1 Kessil Tuna Blue WE with controller.

Is there anyone that has pics or setup ideas for the stand from Innovative marine? Im thinking about adding a wifi surge protector to be able to add another level of control.

tempImagewQuKk4.png

OP
OP

1fastrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also looking for opinions for crossing my fish over to the new tank

My current stock is
2 clown fish
1 Bangai Cardinal
2 Firefish
1 royal gramma

If one or more won't do well I have 2 brothers with tanks that would be willing to take them

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your fish are fine to move into the new tank. all good for that size. I don’t run a sock on my IM 30L, the small socks get dirty real quick and I don’t like that they will filter out pods and other good tiny things. I run a UV and protein skimmer, plus a DIY chaeto reactor.

OP
OP

1fastrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you for the info!! Today I tackled a way to mount my controller for the pump, light, and ato. I kept throwing around a bunch of options but it was a little harder than expected since I’m down sizing from an entire walk to mount things to.
After allot of thought and a trip to harbor freight I decided to go with a metal can to house everything. I mounted everything and drilled holes to pass wires through. I also got a grommet set o was able to use from harbor freight as well.
936DCFB4-C979-4FFD-A1DD-92F701B85735.jpeg
FE24F808-528F-453C-957D-FA1C59039765.jpeg

OP
OP

1fastrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been working a lot on the tank. Got all the coral and fish moved over but lost 1 firefish in the tank transfer process. Kinda a bummer but the show goes on. I still have some wires to clean up and add to the box but have really liked the look of the ammo can. I am working on getting a game plan together for filtration. I have 2 media racks and right now have filter floss in the tops of both and then the bio balls in the left rack. I am throwing around the idea of running the carbon and gfo when needed in the left rack as well and then taking the right one out and running my uv sterilizer with filter floss in the top in there. Any thoughts are appreciated.

tempImageZPgHO9.png
tempImagef5v2ax.png
tempImage8opbhv.png
tempImageHrF8mP.png
tempImageO0Ubwi.png

OP
OP

1fastrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to do some cable management and square away the stand a little bit today as well as do my first water change.
I was able to use grommets on all the cables coming out of the box as well as some split braided wire loom to keep everything together.
62A56755-4994-4F1A-9881-DA7FA49075C0.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • None.

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.8%
Back