AIO Tank recommendations please, Thinking about getting back in the game.

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox20 with no skimmer.
Two clowns and blue neon goby. Assorted LPS and SPS... I run purigen and seagel 24/7 and dose microbacter 7 and microbacter clean weekly. I tried a skimmer and there was very little skimmate.

I do run a skimmer in my moderately stocked 46 gallon. I dry skim and pull almost a full cup every week of dark sludge.

If you truly intend on keeping the stock low, a skimmer is almost useless.
Thank you for the excellent feedback. I have had too many fish crammed into a cube tank. I found the vertical nature of the habitat made everyfish nervous. I won't make that mistake again. There are a bunch of mistakes I won't make again, hopefully...

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pulled the trigger on this. https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/Fusion-Pro-2-25-AIO-Lagoon-Aquarium-Desktop-p184520584
the shape of it will really fit my space and stand. The volume feels easily manageable.

You have heard people say they will take it slow... I may appear to be going backwards sometimes.
Nice choice!
The shallow dimensions of that tank should make it easy to maintain and light, and the depth really opens up aquascape options. I like how IM cuts the false wall to prevent overflows in the event of a blocked grate.

Do you plan on doing a build thread?

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice choice!
The shallow dimensions of that tank should make it easy to maintain and light, and the depth really opens up aquascape options. I like how IM cuts the false wall to prevent overflows in the event of a blocked grate.

Do you plan on doing a build thread?
I think I will do a build thread. Tank should arrive July 5th. Once I start the build thread I will add the link to this thread.

I feel very good about my decision to re-enter the reefing hobby. Who doesn't need more pets without jobs? I guess the CUC will have jobs... Maybe they can influence my freeloading dog and cat.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back