AiPrime x Fluval Evo 13.5 Lighting schedule?

Bpatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I have just upgraded to the Ai Prime 16HD with my fluval evo 13.5. I am using the David Saxby Lighting schedule and have set the acclimation to start at 35% and ramp up for 60 days. Is this suitable or should i make some changes. Light is 8" from surface and corals are with mainly Softies. Thanks!

Screenshot_20220407-152729.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the final ramp intensity - 30% to...? Myself, I would probably shorten the timeframe from 60 days to maybe 10-14 days. I've used this schedule myself and it produced really nice results.

OP
OP
B

Bpatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the final ramp intensity - 30% to...? Myself, I would probably shorten the timeframe from 60 days to maybe 10-14 days. I've used this schedule myself and it produced really nice results.
So at the highest point the royal blues are at 65% blues at 62% and so on. is this too strong from the fluval?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220407-154248.png
    Screenshot_20220407-154248.png
    70 KB · Views: 162

Loring

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth BRS did a video on the AI Prime and tested PAR numbers for different tank sizes. I also have an EVO 13.5 mainly with soft coral and some LPS. They found the optimal par settings for smaller tanks like ours is the 25% column, the Evo is pretty close in size to the smallest tank they test so I went with those settings. I have been running the schedule for the past few months and my zoa's have all doubled and my mushrooms and hammer's are all doing really well too. This is just a screen shot from that video I'll copy the link to the video here too it's worth watching the whole thing but you can really skip to like 17mins in to get to the good stuff. The video also shows settings if you are mainly going to have SPS in the tank. I ran the Saxby when I first got the light but read a couple places that might be a better schedule for a larger tank and might be too much for a nano, that could be total BS of course but this video made me switch schedules and the lighting is definitely a lot tamer.

1650511201352.png

gibec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
frag box corals [youtuber] has the same tank. they boost the lights to MAX on uv, violet, royal, and blue.
I dont have my lights that high, but its funny how super high settings can still work with the ai prime and fluval evo.

But since you have mostly softies you shouldn't have lights that strong.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back