Aiptasia Eating Desjardini???

pauliepeppers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo... I was just looking in my tank and saw a single aptasia on a new frag and thought oh crap. Here we go again. And as I’m thinking this my desjardini come by and eats it. I was like oops dude, that’s not algae so I watched for him to spit it out. However he never did.

So of course my next course of action was to do some googling but I didn’t find anything. Has anyone else ever seen a desjardini eat aiptasia? Do you think it was a fluke and he grabbed by accident or do you think it could have been on purpose? He is fed well, nori twice a day and the tank gets autofeed pellets twice a day and frozen once per day. So it’s not like he’s starving.

OP
OP
P

pauliepeppers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo... I was just looking in my tank and saw a single aptasia on a new frag and thought oh crap. Here we go again. And as I’m thinking this my desjardini come by and eats it. I was like oops dude, that’s not algae so I watched for him to spit it out. However he never did.

So of course my next course of action was to do some googling but I didn’t find anything. Has anyone else ever seen a desjardini eat aiptasia? Do you think it was a fluke and he grabbed by accident or do you think it could have been on purpose? He is fed well, nori twice a day and the tank gets autofeed pellets twice a day and frozen once per day. So it’s not like he’s starving.
Well, mystery solved. He did not eat it, the tricky anemone retracted.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back