Aiptasia on the base of LPS frags

BrittneyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to a LFS and picked up a Duncan and Acan frag that introduced Aiptasia into the tank and the base of the corals have it growing on them. I’ve added some Berghia nudibranches to the tank but my corals are retracting where the Aiptasia is! What is the best course of action?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's just a a couple I would just pull the frag and cut them off. Skim the "stumps" with a little superglue or soak them in vinegar/lemon juice if that's possible without affecting the coral. If it's more than just a couple, Aiptasia-X does work but I usually try to avoid it. Not sure what to do with the nudibranch though.

OP
OP
B

BrittneyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's just a a couple I would just pull the frag and cut them off. Skim the "stumps" with a little superglue or soak them in vinegar/lemon juice if that's possible without affecting the coral. If it's more than just a couple, Aiptasia-X does work but I usually try to avoid it. Not sure what to do with the nudibranch though.
They are on the actual coral the hardened base part. Super glue will work? Thank you!

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s just on the skeleton, not the flesh, then yeah. Depending on how tight the area is you can either use a rubber glove or make a small tool with something like a pop cycle stick. A LITTLE glue on the flesh is not that big of a deal.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back