Aiptasia or something else?

Frankie8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So this is my second tank 90 gallons. Cycled and ready. Added a few softies and lps. Rock and sand was live. Noticed aiptasia like thingy on only one piece of rock but there are like 5 to 10 of them. Please help me ID properly and give best way to get rid off..i noticed they become more inflated when lights are off. Attaching video. Thank you

Attachments

• V_20200330_103627_ES0.mp4
    20.8 MB

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm. Part from burning it off or scraping it. I haven't had any luck with the other treatments like apstasia x or lemon juice or kalk. I have a apstasia eating filefish. Here does a decent job but has become lazy and now waits for me to feed him. He devoured them his first few days in there but now. Not so much.
I have some nudibranch in there aswell but haven't seen the ever since.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. home remedy is lemon juice with a needle, narrow kitchen food injector. You have to hit it right in it's mouth before it closes up and this might take some practice. If you have kalk, a kalk pasts works.

I don't recommend scraping. You're more likely to leave bits that will regenerate and multiply.

given all the threads that mention how it keeps coming back, I suspect the ones you see and zap are not the only ones. Like mice. If you see one, there is usually a lot more you can't see that show up after you get the one you saw.

They don't bother me. I view zapping aiptasia part of the routine maintenance. usuaallt every three months or so.

Aiptaisia X is good, and I recommend it for the injection needles. You can save money after by switching to kalk past or lemon juice.

I've read posts that say boiling water injections work without killing its neighbors but I have never tried that remedy

OP
OP
F

Frankie8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. home remedy is lemon juice with a needle, narrow kitchen food injector. You have to hit it right in it's mouth before it closes up and this might take some practice. If you have kalk, a kalk pasts works.

I don't recommend scraping. You're more likely to leave bits that will regenerate and multiply.

given all the threads that mention how it keeps coming back, I suspect the ones you see and zap are not the only ones. Like mice. If you see one, there is usually a lot more you can't see that show up after you get the one you saw.

They don't bother me. I view zapping aiptasia part of the routine maintenance. usuaallt every three months or so.

Aiptaisia X is good, and I recommend it for the injection needles. You can save money after by switching to kalk past or lemon juice.

I've read posts that say boiling water injections work without killing its neighbors but I have never tried that remedy
Thank you guys for the replies. Thats some top info. If i try to lemon juice injecting method can it harm the duncan coral? Which is just beside it

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back