Aiptasia problem in tank with a wrasse

swoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a hard time completely getting rid of the aiptasia problem in my tank. The six line I have seems to rule out shrimp or berghia method. I have tried Aiptasia X but it seems to only suppress the problem for a little. Does anyone have any suggestions or methods they found great success with? The tank has a pretty big problem with aiptasia as they are just multiplying by the day.

I heard of the boiling water method as well that I might try? I'm not too sure what to do to completely beat the aiptasia.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a hard time completely getting rid of the aiptasia problem in my tank. The six line I have seems to rule out shrimp or berghia method. I have tried Aiptasia X but it seems to only suppress the problem for a little. Does anyone have any suggestions or methods they found great success with? The tank has a pretty big problem with aiptasia as they are just multiplying by the day.

I heard of the boiling water method as well that I might try? I'm not too sure what to do to completely beat the aiptasia.
I would re-home your 6-line and get some Berghia. Fairy Wrasses are not a problem. Throw away the Aiptasia X immediately. Its the reason I went from a few aiptasia to hundreds. Berghias are little miracle workers. Put a healthy number in and wait 2-3 months.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back