Aiptasia ruining your Holidays? Bergia in Stock!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishnreef

100% Aquacultured - Help Us Conserve and Preserve
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We as aquarists know all too often this scenario. What starts out as a seemly harmless single aiptasia polyp quickly explodes into a full blown outbreak in a matter of days! Stinging your prized corals, fish and otherwise creating an unsightly eye sore. Removal of single aiptasia polyp is difficult enough, an aquarium wide outbreak can be impossible to eradicate. In the worst cases the only solution is complete rock removal or even full a tank breakdown!

Thankfully nature has a clever way of dealing with pesky aiptasia. Berghia nudibrachs consume aiptasia not only for substance but also as a means of defense. These slugs use the stinging cells of aiptasia that make other fish and invertebrates adverse to eating aiptasia. These innovative creatures will consume aiptasia and readily spawn in your aquarium.

Berghia_Eating.580.JPG

We now have large (3/4" size), medium (1/2" size) and small (1/4" size) Berghia in stock! Watch your Aiptasia woes get literally gobbled up with these little guys.

Be sure to read this https://www.fishnreef.com/nudibranch-berghia-aiptasia-eaters.html before purchasing Berghia and make sure your aquarium and its inhabitants are compatible.

Last edited:

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I keep this with a tank full of wrasse?

They are active with lights out when the fish are snoozing so it will not be an issue. I keep Berghia in my wrasse only reef and they have flourished and multiplied. The best natural defense against aiptasia. @fishnreef is a fantastic vendor and have awesome customer service. :)

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I keep this with a tank full of wrasse?
Most fish will not eat Berghia (because they taste and sting like aiptasia). However fish can injure them if they pick at them. So you should always add them during the night directly on the rock work and never on directly on top of aiptasia polyps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been hesitant because of my Melanurus. Tried Peppermint and they didn't last too long.
Wrasses are tricky as they peck at anything. To prepare for success, float a separate container containing Berghia in your tank, this keeps your Berghia isolated, but at the right temperature. Feed your Berghia aiptasia before dropping them in the tank. Berghia transfer the stinging cells to their own body and will taste like aiptasia to predators. At night, with the lights out, put some Berghia in your tank following our Berghia acclimation guide. See what the wrasses do. Most will peck once or twice, but will find the Berghia now taste bad (well, taste like aiptasia). This will allow Berghia to do their work unmolested.

Excessive outbreaks can be caused by high nutrients, incorrect or poor lighting and poor flow. Berghia will eat any quantity of aiptasia as they multiply due to the food source. Once most of the aiptasia are eaten and the underlying causes are corrected you are in a good zone. If the underlying causes are not treated, you may have a recurrence. That being said Berghia are the most effective hands-free means of aiptasia removal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have large, medium and small Berghia. Buy 6 and get one of the smallest size free! Start getting that aiptasia under control HANDS FREE with the number one aiptasia predator Berghia!

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replied by PM...

Purchase on-line here: https://www.fishnreef.com/nudibranch-berghia-aiptasia-eaters.html

Large $24.98 - now on sale $19.99
Medium $15.98 now on sale $12.99
Small $11.98 now on sale $9.99

We include an free Berghia (small or medium depending on your smallest size purchased) for every 6 you buy. If your livestock total is > $189.99 then you get free Shipping plus the additional Berghia.

Thanks!

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back