Aiptasia weed and clams

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah its definitely a never ending battle. ive found some inside my drain pipes going to the sump before. never would have thought they could grow there.
giphy.gif
time to clean some pipes.

OP
OP
BobFageUK

BobFageUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have missed that I’m sorry.
I have the lot. One small file fish (big file fish I had did eat Aiptasia when it took his fancy but also liked my Duncans so he was sent back to the shop. I have now a very small one that does not do anything but has tried to nip a Gonipora and another softy. I have 4 peppermint shrimps (I think as not seen side they were put in a week back) I have Nudibranch Berghia (I put 3 in 2 months back and found one the other night when lights were down. it was 1" long and had grown massive compared to when it was put in. I have a Copperband that likes frozen food but does not eat a lot and has been in the tank 3 days now. Lastly as a back up for the very big Aiptasia's that seem to attack the clams (2) i use an injection type liquids and even lemon juice. I think that is about all that I can do unless someone on forum suggests another way.

(sorry if some of my posts have double letter strikes - Apple Mac computer is due to go in for a fix next Sunday under a free repair to a known problem that the 2017 note books have.)

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should be good with all that stuff. i would think most of your aiptasia should disappear here shortly. with those peppermints, once the aiptasia is gone they might go after other things. keep in mind the file fish is not reef safe. im sure you already know that though. i really wanted a filefish but i couldnt get myself to put one in my tank. pretty sure the berghia only eat aiptasia so he must be doing his job. eating aiptasia you didnt even know you had lol. hope it all works out for you.

OP
OP
BobFageUK

BobFageUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you sum it up well. I love the ugly fish fish. He had character when we were loaned a fully grown one. He dived in on entry to the tank and had an aiptasia but..... and a big but he got the fancy to eat my Duncans.. he was soon returned to the fish shop. but we have a by one now but he looks like he is taken by the general food in the tank and has shown interest in the weed. So I have a feeling he will be going back as well.

This fish keeping is not as easy as people think. I wanted a reef tank and have a fair number (29) corals of all sorts. Mostly it has worked out. Not so for the fish. Time will tell. At this time I have plenty of weed for them to eat.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back