Aiptasia

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’ve been battling aiptasia for some time. I had a filefish that kept them under control but had to take it out recently due to it was eating on my newly acans. Now aiptasia populations are on the rise. I was debating on adding about 5-6 aiptasia eating nudibranches but not sure if I should because I have a 6 lines wrasse and fairy wrasse in my tank. Is it safe to add nudibranch when there are wrasses in the tank? Don’t want them to be an expensive meal to the wrasses.

OP
OP
aznreef99

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pls see recent thread post on aiptasia!
I can’t find anything about whether it is safe or not to add nudibranch for aiptasia problem when there are wrasses present in the tank. Am afraid they will eat the nudi

happysalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same boat you are. Big tank lots of corals and I have 2 wrasses and a pink tail trigger that eats any pods. I put in two nudis and those were just a very expensive snack for him.

I used aiptasia X to kill as many as I could and added a copperband who seems happy eating the babies.

OP
OP
aznreef99

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same boat you are. Big tank lots of corals and I have 2 wrasses and a pink tail trigger that eats any pods. I put in two nudis and those were just a very expensive snack for him.

I used aiptasia X to kill as many as I could and added a copperband who seems happy eating the babies.
yeah probably have to seek another alternative. if anything may have to catch both wrasses and take them out. Copperband is also another alternative. do they nip on any softies?

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Good luck catching those wrasses without tearing your tank apart.
I put in 20 Berghia and haven't seen a one since. I have a Mystery Wrasse so...

Everything is just hit or miss when adding livestock to eat them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back