Aiptasia

Rmorrison23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have a couple of tiny aiptasia growing in between some zoas. I have some F-Aiptasia but it says not to let it touch live coral.
How the heck to I cover the aiptasia without touching the zoas when they are right in the middle of them killing zoas around them?
Please help!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way. You will kill the zoas long before you kill the aiptasia.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Natural predation may be the best fix. Berghia nudibraches will almost certainly take care of them. I've always had a few in my tanks. They will bother the zoas until finally killing them. If you can get to the aiptasia with the rock out of water (without harming the zoas), try using some super glue to glue the little suckers shut. This may do the job, but is tricky and not always a definite.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have a couple of tiny aiptasia growing in between some zoas. I have some F-Aiptasia but it says not to let it touch live coral.
How the heck to I cover the aiptasia without touching the zoas when they are right in the middle of them killing zoas around them?
Please help!
You can absolutely use aptasia-x between Zoas with a small head syringe. I use a Julian Sprung’s thing and it might annoy the Zoas but doesn’t kill them.

I have had aptaisa X blow directly on SPS colonies and BTA’s and it does nothing to them.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you touch them, they should retract. Then dab a little superglue gel over them to seal them up. If you accidentally get some glue on a zoa, it'll slough it off in a day or two.

Last edited:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how it works out

OP
OP
Rmorrison23

Rmorrison23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can absolutely use aptasia-x between Zoas with a small head syringe. I use a Julian Sprung’s thing and it might annoy the Zoas but doesn’t kill them.

I have had aptaisa X blow directly on SPS colonies and BTA’s and it does nothing to them.
Not aiptasia-x... F-Aiptasia...does it matter?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does. Aiptasia-X won't kill your corals. It may not kill your aiptasia, either, but that's another story. I haven't tried F-Aiptasia, but I use Aiptasia-X regularly, and it's often drifted on to my zoanthids. They don't like it, and will close up, but it doesn't kill them.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It matters; Aiptasia X is basically kalkwasser, a common additive

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a file fish it is that easy problem solved that other crap don't work. My whole tank was covered with them ,I tried lassers aptasia x ,injected them with pickle lime. Nothing helped got three file fish in 3 days not a one left . They are amazing little fish but ugly as hell.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to petco yesterday they had 2 of them 1 about 1.5 inches and the other one was maybe .5 inches it was so cute.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your worries about F Aiptasia are spot on. I was planning to use it to trim back some GSP. Ive used AiptasiaX with success. I’ve also used peppermint shrimp (make sure they’re actually peppermint shrimp) with success as well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back