Aiptasia?

DMVaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this little guy hanging out under a few zoa's that have been in the tank for a couple of months. I'm guessing it's Aiptasia and I should just nuke it now.

IMG_0100.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this little guy hanging out under a few zoa's that have been in the tank for a couple of months. I'm guessing it's Aiptasia and I should just nuke it now.

IMG_0100.JPG
+ 1 vote aiptasia

if even a tiny bit is overlooked/broken off then it regerates... "nuke" makes me think your strategy for killing this 1 will result in oodles

Franks Tanks has F-aiptasia which smothers aiptasia and then later you chip it off once the aiptasia is dead. BRS recently did a video on this product (local to me but went international now that it has family friendly packaging)

OP
OP
D

DMVaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+ 1 vote aiptasia

if even a tiny bit is overlooked/broken off then it regerates... "nuke" makes me think your strategy for killing this 1 will result in oodles

Franks Tanks has F-aiptasia which smothers aiptasia and then later you chip it off once the aiptasia is dead. BRS recently did a video on this product (local to me but went international now that it has family friendly packaging)
Thanks for the info, I'll be picking some up in the morning.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it.
Maybe best try get the whole rock out with zoas and aiptasia on and remove it out of tank and scrub rocks.
Look for other threads on here for correct removal so it doesnt spread.
Good luck buddy ^_^

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back