Air Filtration for Fish Room in Garage

gherewolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish room is located in my garage and I am wondering if anyone is using any type of air filtration or purification solutions for their fish rooms. I am using my garage as an office but there still seems to be quite a bit of dust that settles everywhere. In addition to the dust, it would be nice to eliminate some of the odor from the cat's litter boxes (using pellets, which have certainly improved the smell) and clean the air that is surrounding the reef.

I have looked into a couple of options. Is anyone using something like these?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about it. But dont have one. Id rather invest in a rollermat to collect any dust that enters the tank. However if your pulling in outside air something to filter any any dust and especially pesticides in the air would be good.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had an in wall tank that resides in my garage for 17 years now. It’s been a saltwater for over 12 years, and a reef for 3 years. This summer I put up a partition wall, mostly for my own comfort.

Aside from the heaters and chiller having to work constantly, I’ve never had an issue in my circumstance.

Good luck!

OP
OP
G

gherewolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the input! Things are going well right now in the reef but always looking to make better. I am using filter pads and assuming that is catching a lot from the water skimming through the overflows.

I am going to be adding drywall to the ceilings in my garage. I know that can be messy so I will have to cover everything well.

krash7172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to conveniently add a return air vent to my HVAC system in my fish room 2-1/2 yrs ago. It works great. My tank is in my living area and zero odor. I suppose it is just due to the volume of air for the entire home.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back