Air gurgling through return line to Reef Mat, sudden onset

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer 200 G2 with a Reef Mat.

I've had stable settings on the down flow valve and the return pump for a couple months. I haven't changed anything.

All of a sudden this evening, the water level rose and there was high flow down the overflow pipe in addition to gurgling into the Reef Mat on an almost clockwork basis. Just gurgles every 10-20 seconds or so. My ATO alarmed for water being too high in the return part of the sump. I have a normal return pump and I also have a pump that is running my hang on UV sterilizer.

Thoughts on causes? I cannot get it back to how it was just 1 hour ago. The gurgling is going to drive me batty but more importantly (perhaps) is that the return part of the sump is just having water dumped into and it flows over and not through the black sponge.

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have air stuck at a spot that has a bend or joint. You can try turning your pump up to 100% and opening the valve all the way to see if that can get the air out. Another option could be to turn the pump off and see if it would ride back out the top.

Back