Airline from outside the house to the skimmer

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have low PH in my tank and when I installed CO2 scrubber PH went up so I am thinking to airline from outside the house. My tank sits next to outside wall on a ground level. I haven't figure out how I am going to do it yet. Should I just drill a hole and put tube? Should I install pvc pipe first? What height, etc.

Anyone has done it? Any hints? Pictures how did you do that?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while, but you want larger tubing for most of the run - like 1/2" or so, then neck it down near the skimmer. I would put a screen over it so that bugs and stuff do not climb in.

There is no substitute for just airing your house out. Find a nice day, and use something with power to replace 100% of the air - not just crack a window an inch for an hour. I live in Colorado and I find a day every week or two even in the winter. This will do more than any other method that you have. This will do more good than just for the fish tank - humans like lower co2 environments too.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rule of thumb is whatever length of run... if you blow thru the end that will go into your skimmer port...if you blow and you can hardly blow air thru the length of the tube, FAIL, you're wasting your time

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the end of your skimmer hose off the silencer and stick it into a hose a lil bigger, but snug, to act as an extension. Drill the hole through the wall tilted slightly down towards the outside so rain rolls out, not inside. Caulk around the opening, done. If the co2 level in your house isn’t higher than what it is outside you won’t see a difference, but imo it’s a worthwhile task because your skimmer will be quieter.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back