Alex´ office tank setup 140g / 550l

Sascha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alex, da musst du aber noch einmal an die Glasrosen ran :) ansonsten nice Job! LG aus Rastede

Sascha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alex, an die Glasrosen musst du noch ran....... ansonsten nice job!

OP
OP
Skragan

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded the overflow to a D-D high volume overflow, that lowered the water level by 3mm - really neat. I´ve been playing around with all these nice features on the APEX, it´s my first time really using a divice like that and I must say, it´s great. I just need to get some more devices, I´m afraid... Added some smaller corals, fish are doing great and the whole thing goes well so far. Of course, I do need to do some scaping, but at first let everything settle a bit. Did the first water change today.

Noticed the seneye in the overflow? Great thing. If water level goes below, I have a second alarm coming in, obviously the return pump is not doing it´s job then... it also adds even more security when I´m away, because it monitors pH, free Ammonia and temperature.

subQus5iT9CLeGL7C5uTZw.jpg UMPfFU+QSASnG04thCFf%g.jpg OvCNLhCyRZaSjqeMvLiJ4w.jpg bF7yir7jQ1WrP+m%Xw4m6g.jpg T9SOvq2+RUmSaWwT4UWk0Q.jpg

OP
OP
Skragan

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW: the algae build up is due to silicate in the water ;)

Then I re-installed the Schuran calcium reactor, it´s already up and running.

FlA7A7rJSH+rcBQd3vlx3g.jpg

OP
OP
Skragan

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no update... I have been fighting a bit with "new tank syndrome" and a bad infection, but now I´m almost back to normal (tank wise). Corals start to grow again and fish are more and more healthier. I still do run an 80W UV directly from/to tank, that is why that good old Eheim is hanging in there ;)

IMG_9923.png IMG_9925.png IMG_9926.png IMG_9927.png

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear things are starting to turn around.
Got to love those old but trusty Eheim.

OP
OP
Skragan

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for not updating, but as you may have heard, I just received a knee replacement and I’m now in rehab. My tank is still up but not maintained perfectly, still a lot to do. I’m excited that when I get back, I’ll work some more on it and I already received more equipment from #Apex, so that will be fun!

#officetank #giesemann

CCB63C6F-5453-47AB-BCB6-1B588662DC97.jpeg

OP
OP
Skragan

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone and sorry for not updating for a long time. Those who have seen me at the shows know it's been a busy year :)

My tank is running fine (technically), but biologically I've had so much trouble. My PO4 and Nitrates have been skyrocketing, and I have checked everything I could. The result: It must be my 15+ years old life rock, which I have had always running in high nutrient systems. I've been running half a pound of #ROWAPhos every 4 weeks plus 4ml of vodka dosing for months now without being able to get those values down.

So what's next? I've just received my #MarcoRocks (luckily I've had some famous guy carrying in all those boxes) and some more #APEX stuff as I didn't have any dosers anymore - and I'm tired of dosing by hand. I haven't added any corals and fish over the last year, just keeping my stuff alive for now.

With the end of the conference season in December, I'll be taking all animals, rocks and sand out and "store" them in a separate system, scraping the tank new (roughly as in the pictures - say hello to my friend Jan Olsen) with the rocks, putting the calcium reactor and some other stuff on the other side of the wall to gain some space in my cabinet. After all of that is done, everything will go back into the system-yeah.

Stay tuned;)

IMG_7616.png IMG_7329.png IMG_7330.png IMG_7333.png IMG_7338.png IMG_7486.png

OP
OP
Skragan

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s a lack of flow :p

Not sure about that - maybe I should switch out the 3 A200´s by A400´s you think?

Seriously, it must be something... so I`m just going to work through everything until it´s running. I also need to do some slight adjustments to the plumbing and I still have my #VCA #RFG 40mm nozzle here to go on the return line, once I cut out the PVC. There used to be a seperate overflow box in that corner, which didn´t work the way I wanted it....

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about that - maybe I should switch out the 3 A200´s by A400´s you think?

Seriously, it must be something... so I`m just going to work through everything until it´s running. I also need to do some slight adjustments to the plumbing and I still have my #VCA #RFG 40mm nozzle here to go on the return line, once I cut out the PVC. There used to be a seperate overflow box in that corner, which didn´t work the way I wanted it....
Send me message Alex - We have some new Metric Pipe-to-Loc-Line adapters coming soon. I could make you a 40mm to 1in to fit our 1in RFGS100LL nozzles. You could then combin that with one of our 1-1 Y fittings and run dual 1in RFGs off that line. The A200 would have pleny of overhead to run dual 1in RFGs ;-)

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how you do it with your travel schedule. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Skragan

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me message Alex - We have some new Metric Pipe-to-Loc-Line adapters coming soon. I could make you a 40mm to 1in to fit our 1in RFGS100LL nozzles. You could then combin that with one of our 1-1 Y fittings and run dual 1in RFGs off that line. The A200 would have pleny of overhead to run dual 1in RFGs ;-)

Hey Antonio,

that´s true, but adding head pressure also reduces my flow to filtration - I mean, the return is running at 45%, so there´s some reserve.... but I`m thinking of changing the closed loop return line, maybe there I could put on 2 outlets. I`ll see. First I have to get my spare tank (tonight), then after next week I`ll set up the "storage" system for the fish and then I`ll get a jackhammer and tear down the office wall for a second sump :)

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Antonio,

that´s true, but adding head pressure also reduces my flow to filtration - I mean, the return is running at 45%, so there´s some reserve.... but I`m thinking of changing the closed loop return line, maybe there I could put on 2 outlets. I`ll see. First I have to get my spare tank (tonight), then after next week I`ll set up the "storage" system for the fish and then I`ll get a jackhammer and tear down the office wall for a second sump :)
...get a Jackhammer?! That sounds serious - LOL

Which ever way you go - let me know how I can help. I'm sure I'll be seeing you at one of the upcoming shows soon ;-)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back