190g - Alexey & Yuliya | Aquaforest Adventure SPS Dominant Reef Tank.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone! ;Happy

I can't believe I finally have a chance to begin a fresh build thread for our latest reef project. This year started just crazy and affected all our projects for this cycle, but we are working to adjust to the #newnormal and progress. Finally, we are ready to share with you our plans for this year.

So we've sold two of our successful reef tanks it was the Reefer 250 and Reefer 170. Both of them were fantastic looking, especially the Reefer 170 on the full Red Sea Program. But small sizes of the tank were restricting us with what we wanted to achieve, so we took them down around Christmas 2019 to build a larger system in 2020 based on the Aquaforest Program. We already owned a Zeovit system, a Red Sea System, but I love the Aquaforest company, the community around them and products. So we've decided why not to give it a try and run this time a full AF system, this should be fun and super interesting to see the results.

RF_Poisonous-Shortcake.jpg

With the current circumstance with covid-19 everything is moving pretty slow. So we are ordering step by step parts for this build, most of them are already here and ready. But we can't decide what tank to get, but we are sure that we want something on the large side, 120 gallons and more. So if you have suggestions, post them we will be happy to hear them. About the tank or any other pieces of the equioment that are not in our liste yet. This will help a lot!

So what we have at this moment?

Giesemann_Linea_2021.jpg

Equipment List:

Tank:
Giesemann Linea 70x24x23.
Light: x2 Philips Coral Care Gen 2 + WiFi controller + Giesemann Stellar.
Skimmer: REEF OCTOPUS Elite 200SSS.
Return: REEF OCTOPUS VarioS 8 .
Controller: HYDROS Controller.
Doser: GHL Doser 2.1.
Heater: x2 Bulk Reef Supply TITANIUM HEATER ELEMENT.
ATO: TUNZE.
RO/DI: SpectraPure MaxCap Performance Plus.
Chaeto Reactor: Pax Bellum ARID N18 Macroalgae Reactor.
Flow: x2 Maxspect FX330 + x2 Ecotech MP40.
Flow Controller: Coralvue HYDROS WaveEngine.
Rocks: AF Rocks Gen 2
Sand: Carib Sea - 50/50 mix of dry aragonite. Fiji Pink and Special Grade.
Glass Cleaner: Flipper.
Fish Food: TDO + Growth Hack.

CB_Maleficent.jpg

Build Thread Index:

1. My rocks: AF Rocks Gen 2 Images and Epoxy.
  2. Reef Octopus Protein Skimmer Elite 200SSS.
  3. Reef Octopus VarioS Return Pump.
  4. Flow in my tank - WaveEngine / Ecotech / Gyre.
  5. What light I'm using for my reef - Philips Coral Care Gen 2.
  6. Giesemann LINEA - Tank is finally delivered and installed.
  7. What is in my sump?
  8. First livestock added. (x8 Helmet Picasso Clownfish)

9. ...
ReefHacks_Picasso_Clownfish_002.jpg

Reefing Q&A Thread Index:

1. What is the difference between Zeovit zeolites and AF Zeo Mix.

2. ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m riding right along with you on this one! So many nice tanks out there, I don’t know how you’re going to choose.

Yes, I did see on this stream:

That Aquaforest is working on releasing new tanks. But they are still working on the details and improvements. I sure want to test one of their tanks and be one of the first people to get them. But I'm not sure when this can happen as there is no clean release date now. So started looking for other options, but many of them are excellent. Custom builds are super cool, but I had Red Sea tank before and never had any issues with them. The Red Sea Peninsula 650 looks fantastic, and I think it will work great for us if it's set parallel to the wall like a regular tank. It will be just like a regular tank, but with corner overflow and I will just add a black sticker on the "back" glass.

What are you building? @Alex Sadowsky

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you’re off to a good start Alexey...following along

I will need to get frags from you later! Thanks. ;Happy

Nothing special. Moving my 16 gallon BioCube into its new home, a WaterBox Cube 20. Just something a little nicer.

I had before a 50.3 Waterbox all in one. It was very well built as well. But did you see this one? I really like this new series as well for a medium size tank.

ryan265

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will need to get frags from you later! Thanks. ;Happy

I had before a 50.3 Waterbox all in one. It was very well built as well. But did you see this one? I really like this new series as well for a medium size tank.

whenever you’re ready my friend...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excited to see where this build thread goes and how the tank matures!!! ;Wideyed ;Wideyed ;Wideyed

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these new AF Rocks Gen 2. Was wondering, what are you guys using for your aquascapes. I was always using BSI glue. But I'd like to use some good epoxy this time to make the scape a little more "floating". Maybe I will try this one, I did see people reporting that it's pretty good. What do you think or I need something stronger?

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-002.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-006.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-007.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-008.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-009.jpg
Nice looking rocks! Are you located in the US? I can't seem to find any AF equipment /rocks/sand for sale anywhere in the US. Additives are easy to come by but the rest isnt. I'd like to use some of their rock and sand in a build if I can find it anywhere

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these new AF Rocks Gen 2. Was wondering, what are you guys using for your aquascapes. I was always using BSI glue. But I'd like to use some good epoxy this time to make the scape a little more "floating". Maybe I will try this one, I did see people reporting that it's pretty good. What do you think or I need something stronger?

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-002.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-006.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-007.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-008.jpg

AF-Rocks-Reef-Rocks-009.jpg

My go to’s are a mix of thick super glue (cyanoacrylate), and BSI insta-set accelerator, and/or reef putty (like d&d or 2 little fishes). I use zip ties to hold rocks together while adhesive cures, sometimes I leave them if they are hidden. This method isn’t exactly simple but it’s worked wonders for me.

Hydraulic cement seems to be popular with scaping and certainly is one of the stronger options. I’ve never tried it though. Most of the structures I’ve built have been on the small side.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking rocks! Are you located in the US? I can't seem to find any AF equipment /rocks/sand for sale anywhere in the US. Additives are easy to come by but the rest isnt. I'd like to use some of their rock and sand in a build if I can find it anywhere

Yes, I'm in NC. I will be using the Carib Sea sand. But rocks, you can get them from CoralVue. ;)

My go to’s are a mix of thick super glue (cyanoacrylate), and BSI insta-set accelerator, and/or reef putty (like d&d or 2 little fishes). I use zip ties to hold rocks together while adhesive cures, sometimes I leave them if they are hidden. This method isn’t exactly simple but it’s worked wonders for me.

Hydraulic cement seems to be popular with scaping and certainly is one of the stronger options. I’ve never tried it though. Most of the structures I’ve built have been on the small side.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks! That's some good info. Is there is specific proportions you're using to mix them, please?

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I finally found what I want! I didn't know what we can get the LINEA Series from Giesemann in the US. Does anyone own their tanks? This series looks fantastic, and with so many colours to choose, you can even combine different colours and select the finish you want.

The 180x60x55 size with 85cm stand would work just perfect for our project. ;Woot

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.52.00 PM.png

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger today and sent the payment for this tank! So the tank will be 70"x24"x22" and 33" stand. With sump, the tank will be about 150 g total water volume. I didn't buy the sump from Giesemann Aquaristic as I want to buy the sump from SynergyReef, I love their products, and we're using now their sump for our clownfish breeding setup it's beautiful. I'm confident I want one more for this project as well. Just need to understand what size will work better before placing the order. The stand frame will be black glossy colour and all sides and doors brown wood.

What amazed me the most, that these tanks are not prebuilt and serial, each tank is handmade in Germany and 100% customized. There is a large number of various materials to choose from—colours and different style doors. But what is best, you can select the overflow placement. I wanted a peninsula style tank for a long time with side overflow, so sure I did pick this option at the place of the central overflow. All sides will be clear, but the tank will be installed along the wall like a regular tank and will have backside clear and nice. It will surely need more maintenance to keep the rear glass clean as well, but it's very sexy, so I'm ready to sacrifice time for that!

Production time is around 6-8 weeks and 3 more weeks for shipping. Should be here in mid-September! ;Woot I hope I will be able to share some photos with you soon of the production process. Maybe they will send some.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, I have an update, and I hope soon I will have many more! COVID-19 broke all the possible plans for 2020, so no surprise that this project was pushed back as well. But I've received a few pictures from Germany, and the tank is ready for shipping and normally should be here in about four weeks! Very excited about and can't wait to cycle it! ;Woot

image0.jpeg image2.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back