Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting some drywall done!
20180804_114430 by Alex Stinson, on Flickr

Meanwhile I am working on a canopy to hold the lights:
20180804_181310 by Alex Stinson, on Flickr

Sump system in place:
20180805_214119 by Alex Stinson, on Flickr

I modified the sump system and added a 40gallon stock tank to house my return pump, it also gives me a lot more area for water to drain in to if needed.
20180805_214121 by Alex Stinson, on Flickr

Adding RO, pumps are int here so I can mix the water in-situ. Took the better part of 5 days to get enough water
20180806_203958 by Alex Stinson, on Flickr

What type of tanks are these that your using for sump?

I vote to make stock tank a large refugium!

corbzmorris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe those are the custom aquariums sumps. They are supposed to be pretty modular.

OP
OP
AlexStinson

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
Coming Soon!

Stayed a bit quiet while I went through some of the 'uglies'. Just started adding some coral from my old tank. Unfortunately the old tank had been a bit ignored and most of the coral looked pretty rough. Seems they kept growing and I missed a few water changes that led to a drop in parameters. I also got a shipment from AquaSD I will be posting soon as well as getting a visit from customaquariums.com today!

Juskr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup. Following along as I am looking to do a similar build. What are your thoughts on the modular sump?

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Build! It is the same dimensions of the tank that I plan to do. Any drawbacks to the depth? That's the only thing I'm a little worried about.

OP
OP
AlexStinson

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Build! It is the same dimensions of the tank that I plan to do. Any drawbacks to the depth? That's the only thing I'm a little worried about.
Only problem I have is the ability to reach the bottom. I use a bench to get into the tank, but even then its a stretch to reach the very bottom. It is part of the reason I added as much sand as I did. If you are looking for a custom built tank, I really suggest Customaquariums.com. They were over at my house Tuesday night looking at the tank, and after 3 hours of chatting with them I see their business just taking off.

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only problem I have is the ability to reach the bottom. I use a bench to get into the tank, but even then its a stretch to reach the very bottom. It is part of the reason I added as much sand as I did. If you are looking for a custom built tank, I really suggest Customaquariums.com. They were over at my house Tuesday night looking at the tank, and after 3 hours of chatting with them I see their business just taking off.

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. Where I want to build it in the wall, I’d only be able to reach it from the back, so I’d imagine I’d definitely be getting my shoulders wet reaching the bottom. Or maybe that’s an impossible thing to try and accomplish now that I think about it. I’d like to see one in person. Your tank looks great and I’ll definitely be tagging along.

I appreciate the suggestion for customaquariums, I am looking for a tank builder. I will check them out!

OP
OP
AlexStinson

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. Where I want to build it in the wall, I’d only be able to reach it from the back, so I’d imagine I’d definitely be getting my shoulders wet reaching the bottom. Or maybe that’s an impossible thing to try and accomplish now that I think about it. I’d like to see one in person. Your tank looks great and I’ll definitely be tagging along.

I appreciate the suggestion for customaquariums, I am looking for a tank builder. I will check them out!
You are free to come clean it anytime to get the real feel!

OP
OP
AlexStinson

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some of their Seamless Sumps. Would love one of their tanks--you are making me VERY jealous! :D
Get one and tell them I sent you! I have been nothing but impressed with both the tank and the company. They should be releasing a video of my tank soon, they came down to film it for a testimonial!

Back