Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4C4C3815-2F50-4420-8261-3E11204C1D95.jpeg

Haha it’s embarrassing. Very messy wiring

But here it is :)
Thanks a lot for sharing !!!! I see you trust the Biodigest and from what I read you pay a lot of attention to your bacteria biology, similar to my philosophy ;-)

That's not a messy sump!!! Looks good actually for the job and duty this sump arrangement does for the tank.

I see you run a few sections with DSB, I was thinking to implement DSB too in my current 300, since in the past it did always an awesome job maintaining nutrients.
Had to restart my tank a few months ago after a tank disaster.
Here a recent picture of it after 8 months after the restart from scratch.

Check out my built thread one day ;-) Link is in my signature.

What happened to the original filter section with the bioballs, fleece and gravel?
Did you ditch it for the DSB's? I actually liked that chamber and have seen this method with the fleece a lot in Malaysian and Indonesian tank systems.

-Andre

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for sharing !!!! I see you trust the Biodigest and from what I read you pay a lot of attention to your bacteria biology, similar to my philosophy ;-)

That's not a messy sump!!! Looks good actually for the job and duty this sump arrangement does for the tank.

I see you run a few sections with DSB, I was thinking to implement DSB too in my current 300, since in the past it did always an awesome job maintaining nutrients.
Had to restart my tank a few months ago after a tank disaster.
Here a recent picture of it after 8 months after the restart from scratch.

Check out my built thread one day ;-) Link is in my signature.

What happened to the original filter section with the bioballs, fleece and gravel?
Did you ditch it for the DSB's? I actually liked that chamber and have seen this method with the fleece a lot in Malaysian and Indonesian tank systems.

-Andre

Haha well, used to pay more attention, but now it’s just dumping biodigest as a routine without thinking too much! My chambers are still there but it’s on e left,blocked by the door.

Would love my sump to look like this, which I did up for my brother in law’s new tank recent months!
834C176C-7701-4DEA-9E94-08032DC2161A.jpeg

Your FTS is fantastic!! Only 8 months and it’s impressive! Will definitely check out your thread! Thanks for the kind words :)

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha well, used to pay more attention, but now it’s just dumping biodigest as a routine without thinking too much! My chambers are still there but it’s on e left,blocked by the door.

Would love my sump to look like this, which I did up for my brother in law’s new tank recent months!
834C176C-7701-4DEA-9E94-08032DC2161A.jpeg

Your FTS is fantastic!! Only 8 months and it’s impressive! Will definitely check out your thread! Thanks for the kind words :)
Yes, looks really nice, great work here in you BIL's sump built!

What happened to your original filter section with the bioballs, fleece and gravel?
Did you ditch it for the DSB's? I actually liked that chamber and have seen this method with the fleece in trickle drawers/compartments a lot in Malaysian and Indonesian tank systems.

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, looks really nice, great work here in you BIL's sump built!

What happened to your original filter section with the bioballs, fleece and gravel?
Did you ditch it for the DSB's? I actually liked that chamber and have seen this method with the fleece in trickle drawers/compartments a lot in Malaysian and Indonesian tank systems.

Hi! Thanks for compliment!

The filter section is still there, just blocked by e door of the left and hidden from the picture.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Alexcyf , how are you and how is the tank doing?
Would love to see an update.

Ferdinand Miran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallo Alex... Your thank is awesome... Hopely i can visit and see your tank when iam going to sg.. I'am from indonesia... Nice to know u.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Beautiful Tank and Home. well done!

MAX6297

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank

What t5 lamp combination are you using and how high are they above the water

Thabks

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alex - amazing tank. I just went through the whole thread. It looks like the tank continues to evolve as your passion for certain corals grows. I am very curious as to whether you still have all the clams in there and where you have them placed. I also noticed a flame angel in your tank in some of the earlier pics. Has he behaved?

Back