OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your whole thread. Every page and picture I just kept saying wow. Then turn to the page with the devastating loss. And just went...noooooooooo!!! I'm so sorry for that loss. But seems your well on your way to getting back to former glory and beauty.

What have you changed since then to help prevent this from happening again??

And what is the cost of corals there compared to the US? It also seems that when you got new piece they weren't the 1in frags we get here.

Well. I installed a battery backup (coralbox) that’s compatible with my wavemaker to keep water circulation in DT in e event of power failure.

I also installed a blackout sms alert that has a temperature probe sms alert too. Got it from isocket (highly recommended too) this gives me heads up if something goes wrong.

I also have a anti trip adaptor for my China made led lights haha..

Anyway, over here in sg, we do have shipments that comes in colony sizes. So ya, 1inch frags are not e only source of corals that we have access to:)

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link to that isocket gadget for alerts on temp and power? Seems like a good addition to get

Daveyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alex, watch out for the isocket, the battery will need to be replaced to keep it operational. That is what happen to me, my tank trip when I'm home (luckily) but I thought it was weird why i didn't receive any sms 30 seconds later. Upon opening up the device, i saw the battery is fully inflated. And order a replacement battery from iSocket.

Well. I installed a battery backup (coralbox) that’s compatible with my wavemaker to keep water circulation in DT in e event of power failure.

I also installed a blackout sms alert that has a temperature probe sms alert too. Got it from isocket (highly recommended too) this gives me heads up if something goes wrong.

I also have a anti trip adaptor for my China made led lights haha..

Anyway, over here in sg, we do have shipments that comes in colony sizes. So ya, 1inch frags are not e only source of corals that we have access to:)

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alex, watch out for the isocket, the battery will need to be replaced to keep it operational. That is what happen to me, my tank trip when I'm home (luckily) but I thought it was weird why i didn't receive any sms 30 seconds later. Upon opening up the device, i saw the battery is fully inflated. And order a replacement battery from iSocket.
Thanks for the warning and heads up!!

Looks like I need to on and off check the performance of the socket:)

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your losses that’s heartbreaking. Do you have any advice for getting a bta to stay put I saw yours was stationary for years?

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your losses that’s heartbreaking. Do you have any advice for getting a bta to stay put I saw yours was stationary for years?

Well, I’m definitely no master in keeping them stationary. In fact mine shifted a few positions before stabilizing at one for about 3 years? I would think a pair of clowns hosting and feeding it, plus no major changes of flow helped. In fact a year before my crashed, it was running around after I changed a few wavemakers and it’s positions to adjust for more flow for the overgrown sps colonies.

Unfortunately, that classic trademark nem of my tank, did not make it, despite surviving the crash initially.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’m definitely no master in keeping them stationary. In fact mine shifted a few positions before stabilizing at one for about 3 years? I would think a pair of clowns hosting and feeding it, plus no major changes of flow helped. In fact a year before my crashed, it was running around after I changed a few wavemakers and it’s positions to adjust for more flow for the overgrown sps colonies.

Unfortunately, that classic trademark nem of my tank, did not make it, despite surviving the crash initially.
Okay thanks, did you have any problems with it stinging other coral? Sorry to hear it didn't make it :(

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks, did you have any problems with it stinging other coral? Sorry to hear it didn't make it :(
Haha. Yup. I had to shift stuff here and there before it settled in a stable position. Of cuz losing sps here and there when I can’t react in time.. when it finally settled, then I scape around it

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Yup. I had to shift stuff here and there before it settled in a stable position. Of cuz losing sps here and there when I can’t react in time.. when it finally settled, then I scape around it
Dang sorry to hear about the sps it killed. Hopefully when I get my bigger tank I can encourage it to stay on a soft coral island or somthing

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Singapore is blessed with a series of wonderful Tonga and Australia sps shipment!

A step closer to former glory!
E59F1704-0591-4E2F-B90F-CD1CF388BC19.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Singapore is blessed with a series of wonderful Tonga and Australia sps shipment!

A step closer to former glory!
E59F1704-0591-4E2F-B90F-CD1CF388BC19.jpeg
That's beautiful!!

Back