Algae Clean Scrubber Base Unit For Sumps.... how unassuming.. title on eBay...very little feed back on R2R so here is my take.

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Clean Scrubber Base Unit For Sumps.... how unassuming.. title on eBay...very little feed back on R2R so here is my take.

So here I go, started a DIY project to make an ATS, I did two cardboard prototypes and stated adding up the cost.
Buy the aycrlic, have it routed, buy the glue and DIY lights, plumping and the cost was getting up there.
Add the fact I have no idea what I am doing, so will it be good?, knowing my DIY skills it usually takes a couple of goes to get it right.

As you do, I am searching R2R for fine tuning tips. Lights, flow, size and on it goes.
I have watched Turbo's video's for build ideas, Turbo is a master ATS builder and the Rev 5 sounds great but it is a concept at this point.
No distracted to turbo, but one can only wait so long.

Then I stumbled across this tread and went... OK this is new...

poochaku
R33fDaddy
Hot2na

Were saying how good this thing is... so i went searching and found the following links.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114142690696?hash=item1a936f3d88:g:GjYAAOSwkxleY-df

Options...
in sump option
Stand for in sump option to hang off the side of your sump
And FM.... a hang on version, which Hot2na has.

Sorry but the engineering and design skills just blow me away, I throw my cardboard ATS in the bin and contacted David Hatch on his email.
Am I allowed to add his email address? [email protected]
David was very help full so I purchased one of his units.

That's a GREAT scrubber ! I have the hang on version on my 120 ...well designed...the owner/builder is great to deal with...this guy has invented one of the best scrubbers out there ...........
As quoted by HOT2na

I hope they chip in with their experiences...
Some times design and engineering skills do not equal marketing skills... but you have to agree the skill used to make these is top notch.
Glad I stumbled apon the post about mounting ATS outside sumps.. otherwise I would never had found this.
Oh and this is an ACS...

I hope when if arrives my experience is the same.
So far ... its a big tick.. OH and did I mention the price $230 USD

20210602_184201 (1).jpg

20210607_214342 (1).jpg

20210607_214432.jpg

Thanks R33fDaddy for your pictures!

OP
OP
Dukereefnz

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for giggles.. here are my version 1 and 2... pulled the pin and went with someone many times more skilled than me.
Good option? Time will tell and i will post my experience.

IMG_4106.JPG

IMG_4110.JPG

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This scrubber has to be the best one on the market. Full spectrum lights, dimmer switch, compact design, nice size screen and more. My Nitrates are way down and I was getting bright green Algae growth in a little less than 2 weeks.

20210621_181044.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%

Back