Algae ID - Green Rocks

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, can you guys tell me what this green stuff is? Only green when whites are on, almost brown under blues. Is this just the normal colour of the rocks or is it something that needs to be taken care of? When the urchin goes over the rocks they soon turn white but they turn green again in a couple of days. Tomini tang often pecks at the rocks but my dwarf angel does nothing. More herbies and cuc?

Attachments

• 20210401_200435.mp4
    68.7 MB

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like normal ugly phase kicking in

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They stay green until they turn purple.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab a snail or hermit that has some and scratch it off into a powerhead

Kydnblue2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope to get some answers. My tank is 5 months old. I finished my cyano outbrake 3 weeks ago. I treated with chemipure. Tank and sand bed are clear. Now rocks are turning green quickly . Is that normal and part of ugly phase or a new algae outbrake? Thank you in advance

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope to get some answers. My tank is 5 months old. I finished my cyano outbrake 3 weeks ago. I treated with chemipure. Tank and sand bed are clear. Now rocks are turning green quickly . Is that normal and part of ugly phase or a new algae outbrake? Thank you in advance
My rocks have been green since about October last year, it's just the stages of the rocks, eventually, when dosed or added with snails or frag plus you'll get coralline growth, mine is Still coming through but green rocks are fine unless it's long hairy green, which is hair algae

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is your phosphates
My phosphates were low last time I checked, I'll be honest, I do not test my water, 20% weekly and just read my corals if they are not happy I am not, at which point I will test my water. But they were 0.3 last time I checked but that was before I started draining my frozen food, so after a few water changes and rinsing the frozen I imagine they are back to lower levels

Kydnblue2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rocks have been green since about October last year, it's just the stages of the rocks, eventually, when dosed or added with snails or frag plus you'll get coralline growth, mine is Still coming through but green rocks are fine unless it's long hairy green, which is hair algae
My Phosphates are at 0.1 currently. The algae is not stringy. I have a few snails and 4 conches

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a water box 220gallon.
Okay, whilst expensive you will want to aim for about 1 cuc member per gallon for a super clean tank, maybe 1 per 5 gallons for a healthier tank that has alot of biodiversity, thicker sandbeds will want more aswell, mine is about 2-3 inches

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back