Algae id request

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the tank going for over 5 months, but recently upgraded to a larger tank and appear to be battling through the ugly stage. I have some GHA and bryopsis, but the CUC has been doing well with it with some manual removal. I have had cyano for the last two weeks, but in this last week have been battling this really long stranded algae or maybe cyano. I can blow it off the rocks in the morning and by afternoon it is covering everything (including my montis and birdsnest).

I notice that some of these stands attach to the glass and have this white circle from which the strand grows. It will grow inches in the matter of an afternoon.

I have been using microbacter 7 and clean and started a skimmer 3 weeks ago to bring down nitrates. I also have chaeto and after dosing a bit too much vibrant one night, just now have the chaeto stable again.

I don't want to take the chaeto out, but really need this to go before it kills corals. Any suggestions on what this is? I don't think it is dinos. My tank has never been at 0 for nitrates and P. I have always had some bubbles from algae on the new rocks as they were dry rocks and the coralline is growing.

Nitrates 2.5-5
P .1 (I want to add some phosguard to lower for my SPS but not until this is under control)
Ph 8.2
Alk 8.9-9.3
Ca 480
Mg 1410
Salinity 1.026

Picture_20210111050156.jpg Picture_20210411050452.jpg

OP
OP
L

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't disappear overnight like dinos do.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back